The Orville

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Zoinksberg
Officer

Re: The Orville

Post by Zoinksberg »

I don't know, I rather like that the Krill have been shown to be good to their word without having to have it spelled out for us. They will wipe out an entire human settlement, they will send in infiltrators to capture tech or Union officers, but if they arrive under a flag of truce then they honor that. When they picked up Teleya they arrived, took her, and left without a word. To me that seems like something a militant and religious race would embrace, a win for Avis is worth everything except your word which you must always keep.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

It's probably not his place to do such an attack without authorization. It would mean all out war. And obviously that's not why he thinks Avis brought them together. Plus, the Kaylon threat is still out there. They retreated but they're robots with large manufacturing capabilities. They'll be back.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

We need a spoiler policy season 2 episode 9 Identity II was broadcast in UK this Thursday, earlier in USA, maybe later in other Nations.

If you talk about show in general, no spoilers needed.
Ifn you talk about a recent episode, please put a spoiler specifying episode number and title.

Wow!!! Lots of explosions and political shenanigans.

Garek versus Uncle Tom How do you do spoulers?
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

OK, so the UK is about a week behind as new episodes air Thursdays here in the US.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Well, this episode after Part 2 is a bit filler-y. Nice for there to be a Gordon episode, though.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

It does follow on from the 2-parter, it's good to see a show that doesn't just reset or the episodes are interchangeable.

BTW, I am frustrated I cannot buy little ships from The Orville.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Robovski wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 am It does follow on from the 2-parter, it's good to see a show that doesn't just reset or the episodes are interchangeable.

BTW, I am frustrated I cannot buy little ships from The Orville.
You wouldn't download a car, would you?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I liked "The Blood of Patriots" (a title that means more after you've seen the episode), even if you could see a lot of it coming and if part of the premise was a bit hard to believe. Everyone was relatable, even the ones I disagreed with.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

Thursday episode was really good. It seems that the show has hit its stride
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

"The Blood of Patriots"
It felt like the treaty was cheapened a little by the sideshow. No actual, difficult negotiations, just something went wrong to add a wrinkle.