Favorite SF Debris joke?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Favorite SF Debris joke?

Post by Deledrius »

Trinary wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am I'm trying to recall where one of my favorite "jokes" (if you could call it that) is from. He's talking about the difference between saying something that's nonsense and saying something that's stupid in science-fiction, making a montage contrasting one to the other:

Nonsense: reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.
Stupid: DNA traveling via lightning strike.

Anyone recall that?
I don't have time at the moment to rewatch to be sure, but that sounds very likely to be from the Doctor Who review, Evolution of the Daleks. If not, then it's surely another video referencing it.

Edit: Just watched both parts of the review and that joke isn't made there. Must be some later one instead.
Last edited by Deledrius on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gridlock1987
Redshirt

Post by Gridlock1987 »

From "Life Line" review:
SFDebris wrote:Neelix walked into the room and handed The Doctor a pad. This offended me.
Sometimes I watch the whole review just to hear this joke at the end. It always cracks me up.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

I love the "Honor" and "Courage" joke from code of honor. Gets me everytime I watch it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You know, changed my mind, rewatching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

THIS is now my new favorite joke:

"We learn that Aaron Pierce survived that attack by Blackout in the last movie, because he's got this new super team that combines the military with the Autobots, and has given them the badass name of NEST, because when I think of an image to strike fear and terror into Decepticons, I think of squawking baby birds. BEHOLD, THE IMAGE OF TERROR!"

(cut to that clip from A Bug's Life)

:D
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Hazumu
Redshirt

Post by Hazumu »

For a single joke, I would have to go with the bit in the Mahoromatic: Episodes 5-8 review where he implies that he has run the pens of notorious pen chewers through his butt crack. I had to stop the review for several minutes while I let my hysterical laughter run its course.

For a running gag, I would definitely have to say his "Bunnycat is a dick" stuff. It was an article about his Madoka Magica review, and that bit in particular, that brought me to this wonderful site.
Last edited by Hazumu on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh interesting. From what site?

Also, welcome!
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Hazumu
Redshirt

Post by Hazumu »

For a website that I once stumbled upon, this proved to be remarkably difficult to track down. I was actually a hair's breadth from posting that I couldn't. *sigh*
https://kotaku.com/non-anime-fan-review ... -740913532

Thanks for the welcome. :D
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

I think my favourite gag is where he had Janeway and Harry accuse him of being homophobic because he thought the love between Homura and Madoka didn't have to be seen as romantic.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The fact asking for my ban just because of what i think falls / would fall on deaf ears.

Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox