Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

animalia wrote:On the topic of video games I'd like to see both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.
You can't be serious...
I'm not saying I don't like the games, they're very flawed but rather endearing, it's just that the stories and characters in them aren't that good and there isn't really anything in the way of speculative, philosophical or political content for him to review in those games
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

SlackerinDeNile wrote:
animalia wrote:On the topic of video games I'd like to see both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.
You can't be serious...
I'm not saying I don't like the games, they're very flawed but rather endearing, it's just that the stories and characters in them aren't that good and there isn't really anything in the way of speculative, philosophical or political content for him to review in those games
I don't see why every request has to be Shadow Of The Colossus level deep.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

animalia wrote:
SlackerinDeNile wrote:
You can't be serious...
I don't see why every request has to be Shadow Of The Colossus level deep.
Look, we all have our preferences when it comes to reviewer content, personally I prefer to see Chuck review good and bad science-fiction and fantasy whether it's animated, live-action or in the form of a video game. Hell I even like his book reviews, his analysis of World War Z was very interesting. However I feel that asking him to review something as banal as a Sonic video game is just silly and slightly insulting, you may as well ask him to review Banjo Kazooie... (Not that I dislike that game either, but even though it has memorable humour and characters, the story is pretty bare-bones.)

When Chuck started reviewing video games he focused on highly requested ones bursting with interesting story, themes, characters and sub-plots such as Dragon Age and System Shock 2, what is there for him to comment on in a Sonic game beyond making a few obvious jokes about the characters or the music or the voice acting?
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

If I had to request 1 game, it would probably be I have no mouth and I must scream. If I had to request 2, then it would probably be Fallout 1 & 2. I wouldn't request something on a console, if only because of Chuck's "Easy to Install and Use clause", though if I had loads of money to burn, I'd probably buy up all the game slots and make negotiate out the requests.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

I'd request Saints Row IV. It is sci-fi after all. Aliens, a Matrix-like simulation, superpowers, Santa (in one of the DLCs)... ;)
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

After seeing the teaser for the sequel, it occurred to me that, though I didn't really like the film, it might be fun to see Chuck review the retro absurdity that is Kingsman: The Secret Service.
lsgreg
Officer

Post by lsgreg »

After some thought here are my top three:
1. Stranger Things
2. The Upside down and the creature from Stranger Things
3. A mini review of the evolution of Steve's hair in Stranger Things.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

lsgreg wrote:After some thought here are my top three:
1. Stranger Things
2. The Upside down and the creature from Stranger Things
3. A mini review of the evolution of Steve's hair in Stranger Things.
I just watched Stranger Things recently and loved the show (Halloween is too long to wait for season 2) and would love to see a review, but I think the Netflix-only status of the show would make a review pretty problematic.

The initial knee-jerk reactions to Into Darkness have long-since faded by this point, so I think it's high time to look at that film's merits and flaws.
The owls are not what they seem.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

Post by CaptainCalvinCat »

What about the show named after him? I mean "Chuck". That show's lots of fun .
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

I would love to see him review seaQuest, Time Trax and Alien Nation. Earth 2 series was pretty short. The whole series could probably be covered in a couple videos and it's not something people generally remember.