Babylon 5: Revelations

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Jonathan101
Captain

Re: Babylon 5: Revelations

Post by Jonathan101 »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:17 pm Still, I've read what happens when you're exposed to hard vacuum. It's gruesome. One of the most horrifying deaths there is. I think only the cruelest of people deserve such a death - like sex abusers and murderers, people who torture others needlessly and get off on it. Other than that, this dude? Well, he committed a crime, sure, but spacing? OMG. Just lock him in jail for life! I get treason is bad, but spacing for treason seems... wrong...
I mean, pretty sure this dude WAS a murderer.

I mean, I agree vacuuming is wrong and horrid...but by your own logic, he deserves it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

So lock him up or execute him. Spacing I see as excessive punishment, too much for this kind of crime. Unless he pissed on the corpse or something. Which he didn't.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Yes, but my point was your logic was faulty, because you yourself said that spacing was fine for murderers.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

True... well, only specific kind of murderers. That looked damn near instantaneous with Garibaldi. If he'd died, there'd have been less pain than, say, a serial slasher. That dude would deserve spacing. I was trying to communicate that.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:49 pm True... well, only specific kind of murderers. That looked damn near instantaneous with Garibaldi. If he'd died, there'd have been less pain than, say, a serial slasher. That dude would deserve spacing. I was trying to communicate that.
He was at the very least complicit in the murder of the President, as part of a plot to the new guy in power.

Chuck doesn't mention this but in a previous episode he also murdered three people and claimed it was self-defence.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'd argue spacing would only count for Clark then. Not everyone involved on the lower tiers. Only those in the high tiers of the conspiracy.

Which three people? It's been a while since I was in Season 2.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Devereaux and his men, who was involved in shady business dealings.

In the review they are the guys Garibaldi is facing when he is shot in the back.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Still, with a PPG, that's also quick. And I maintain it would be better to just shoot him or lock him up for life, and reserve spacing for those in the high tiers of Clark's conspiracy. Btw, why did I wanna type Trump instead of Clark instead? :o No, seriously, I wrote Trump and had to rewrite it. :?:
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

"Your victims."

Probably my favorite scene in all of B5, and that's saying something. An eloquent, maybe even flowery build-up, leading the listeners one way, then blunt three syllables to tell them they've ended up in a very different place. I'm really glad SFDebris put that in there.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh yes indeed. It shows what the Centauri truly are, what "making Centauri Prime great again" really entails.