What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Karha of Honor »

None.

I tried Mace Griffin once again but gave up on it.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Replaying Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion. I just re-established the Western Roman Empire as THE Roman empire. Suck it Byzantine jerks.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I've been playing Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. Not necessarily a classic, but pretty fun.
The owls are not what they seem.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 pm I've been playing Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. Not necessarily a classic, but pretty fun.
"I'm aint finished with you yet, Space Marine!"
"But I am finished with you, Ork."

Love that game
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Switched over to a large character in Final Fantasy XIV. Now I can see over all of the catgirls' heads.

LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

I've been replaying the dragon age series. After that it's back to KH3.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

It's a challenging game, but the stealth mechanics and the Shinobi arm level the playing field, and once you get just how important it is to break your enemies posture things begin to kind of come together. For example, the first true boss was a Polearm wielding General on horse back. I quickly figured out that deflecting his regular strikes pushed me ever closer to breaking his posture, and that tossing fire crackers at the right time spooked his horse allowing me to get in a few more hits. I kept the pressure on cause even if he blocked my strikes it still did damage to his posture until finally his posture broke and I executed a death blow while he still had 33% of his health left...and that was the end of the General.

Those kind of challenging moments, mixed in with stealthily eliminating an entire patrol of guards from the Shadows before taking out the last few in single combat are really exhilarating.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Currently playing LEGO The Lord of the Rings because I can - apparently it was removed from sale in January.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

I Am Setsuna- so this is a jRPG that wants to play like Chrono Trigger while having the story structure of Final Fantasy X, but trying to double down on the melancholy.

These elements don’t really gel, but in spite of this it has some strong moments and some personality of its own. I might have felt a bit ripped off at full price, but at half off it’s perfectly acceptable.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Guacamelee! 2

Mostly because Guacamelee! was a great and amusing Metroidvania and having more of that can't be wrong. Still funny and colourful and has good music vibes.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox