VOY: Remember

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: VOY: Remember

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh yeah, that's right, SBP is from the real world, isn't he? Even went on chatrooms, which... doesn't seem plausible in the 1980s.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:37 am I know that. But the way Beastro worded it was extremely confusing... at least for me.
Referring to the title rather than to any specific holder of it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Then why capitalize it? :?:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:40 am Then why capitalize it? :?:
Because it doesn't detract from the understanding of what was being discussed for a whole page.
..What mirror universe?
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

So, if the people being exterminated were the Regressives, then the self-righteous, know-it-all group carrying out the extermination must be the Progressives? Sounds about right.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

I see Harry gets with yet another alien chick. Doesn't seem to be getting a formal reprimand for this one. How many relationships does Harry have over the course of the show anyway? I want to know if Chucks going to start adding "shallow womanizer who can't form attachments" to his contradictory jokes about Harry's sexuality.
Shuboy07
Officer

Post by Shuboy07 »

I'm a bit surprised Chuck didn't mention that Remember started as a TNG episode by Brannon Braga and Joe Menosky. Specifically this was supposed to be a Troi episode! According to Memory Alpha Menosky was fine with the story becoming a Voyager episode but Braga actually regrets not making Remember for TNG.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It's not the first time he left something huge out of Memory Alpha, or failed to read through the literal scripts that are on Star Trek Drama Scripts website. It happens. He's not infallible, and does this for fun and money. :)
Shuboy07
Officer

Post by Shuboy07 »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:21 am It's not the first time he left something huge out of Memory Alpha, or failed to read through the literal scripts that are on Star Trek Drama Scripts website. It happens. He's not infallible, and does this for fun and money. :)
Chuck has been a bit hit and miss with the trivia at times. He did mention Barge of the Dead started as a DS9 episode for one thing. Here the parallels to TNG are rather obvious. Troi, as a telepath, makes more sense as the main character. The Prime Directive talk would be more effective coming from Picard. And Chakotay's conversations with Torres would better fit Riker and Troi.
Ranchoth
Redshirt

Post by Ranchoth »

I have to say, I kind of dig Neelix's redecoration of the Mess Hall. Mainly because it makes part of Voyager's interior not look like the dashboard of an '89 Honda Civic, for a change.