With Code Geass being reviewed soon, do you think Chuck will like it?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: With Code Geass being reviewed soon, do you think Chuck will like it?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am Am I the only one who felt sorry for Shirley and Euphie?
Depends on the size of the fanbase. The more people that have seen it the more likely there's someone else that feels the same about characters.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Its an alright show. Most of his plans wouldn't work in real life, and his awesome chess skills were clearly written by a chess amateur because they were actually pretty basic, but it was OK. The ability to order someone around once is an interesting superpower.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

clearspira wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:39 am Its an alright show. Most of his plans wouldn't work in real life, and his awesome chess skills were clearly written by a chess amateur because they were actually pretty basic, but it was OK. The ability to order someone around once is an interesting superpower.
How dare you imply that sending his King all alone to fight Schneizels' King was anything but on-par with Magnus Carlsen!
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am Am I the only one who felt sorry for Shirley and Euphie?
I felt sorry for them. Especially Euphie. I feel less sorry for Shirley nowadays thanks to the movies.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What happened in the movies?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

I'm fine speaking vaguely, but I'm not spoiling things that hard.
MixedDrops
Officer

Post by MixedDrops »

Haven't seen the movies myself either, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't feel sorry for Shirley or Euphie as far as the TV show goes, since they're portrayed usually as complete innocents and at worst as clueless but well-meaning.
Last edited by MixedDrops on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

From what I can gather, the movies follow an alternate timeline where Shirley doesn't die and makes it to the end, and possibly some of the other bad stuff that happens to her in the show is averted as well (for instance, it seems she never mentions her father dying, so possibly he is alive in this version as well).
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

OH COOL! SO SHIRLEY LIVES! ^_^
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
rickgriffin
Officer

Post by rickgriffin »

I couldn't get through Code Geass. There's a lot of interesting ideas in it but it can't slow down long enough to actually confront all but the broadest implications. It wants to be Death Note but operates like Gundam, so I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed.

Also I just couldn't freaking stand episode 6.