Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
animalia
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by animalia »

What does anyone think of V: The Final Battle?
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

animalia wrote:What does anyone think of V: The Final Battle?
It might be interesting to see him review it, mostly to see how it's a bog standard drama/action movie, and eliminates a lot of the wonderful allegory that came with the first mini-series.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

How about RWBY?
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

animalia wrote:How about RWBY?
Eh. I lost interest in RWBY, so I'd prefer a quicker season wide review over individual episode reviews.

But I'd (personally) much rather see reviews of shows like Ghost in the Shell, Vandread, Spice and Wolf, and other anime first.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

Two cartoons.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I watch that on DVd a yera or two back. It is... pretty bad (FAR worse than I remembered it). What makes it worse, though is (and I attribute this to JMS) there is so much potential in, glimpses, which (perhaps even unintentionally) could have been polished to brilliance. (I came away convinced that the best thing to do would be to make it FLORA and the Wheeled Warriors, since she was largely the only one with anything resembling character development, even if it was accidental and implict.)

And the other end of the scale: Centurions (which I am watching now on DVD). Centurions is amazing. I rank it (in its own way) on the level of the best of western animation. It is like the cartoon equivilent of an action movie, full of explosions and atimes a bit silly and characterisation is not a priority. But it through itself wholeheartedly into what it does and it is rarely dumb (inaccurate, sometimes, granted). Sometimes it's actually subtly very clever, to the point that sometimes it actually geniunely fakes you out, because you tend to forget that it isn't as daft/shallow as it appears. You can tell they put some THOUGHT into it, and kept the plot-holes to a compartivive minimum. (They even got quite good about not automatically having water right ot of the gate for Max Ray to go into...!)

Plus, the consequences are real (unlike a lot of shows, you can't be de-cyborged, for instance) and the heroes get hoit JUST often enough (even when it's not a plot-point) to to show that even a Doom Drone Strafers might get lucky. And Doc Terror might be a dumb fracker a lot of the time[1], but his aims and plans have a malevolence to them that even the likes of Megatron lack a bit (and certainly above the rest of the 1980s villains).

[1]I am forming a theory that Doc Terror is actually an obessive gambler, but doesn't realise (or acknowledge it) to the point that he will take unecessary risks (like not killing the centurions the moment he captures them), beause he's convinced that "this time" it will work out, and "this time" he will "win big" and achive his goals. (The diea came after I reflected on an episode where he had apparently lost money gambling on sports and I thought "that's not very in-character for him to... Waaaaaait a moment..."
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

How about StarGate Universe, That way Chuck have another contender for worst Captain?

youtu.be/HdcvFxudYVw
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

I will always love that joke. It was EVERYONE's reaction when SGU was announced.

"Someone looked at that segment of 200 and went "That's brilliant!" ?"
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

Dunno if it's already been suggested (maybe even by me) but I'd like to see Chuck review Wallace and Gromit. Doesn't matter which one. :-D
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Am I the only one that thought SG:U wasn't that bad? It was actually getting really good just before they cancelled it on that cliffhanger where sadly we now have to assume everyone is dead.

It was basically Battlestar Galactica again in style and apart from a far too soap-opera style series one, the main problem fans had was that it was far too different in tone from the brighter and more adventurous SG1 and SG:A.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------