Star Trek (TNG): Identity Crisis

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Re: Star Trek (TNG): Identity Crisis

Post by TheGreenMan »

A good review, as always. However I just had to comment: "An SF Debris Production"?
Opps.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

TheGreenMan wrote:A good review, as always. However I just had to comment: "An SF Debris Production"?
Opps.
What's wrong with it? I think the new logo thing is purty.

(also: The place where the senior DS9 crew run the station is spelled Ops, not Opps.)
G-Man
Officer

Post by G-Man »

Maybe the issue is he is assuming it is pronounced "Sci-Fi Debris" so the article should be "a" instead of "Ess-Eff Debris," as the use of "an" indicates?
Durandal_1707 wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:A good review, as always. However I just had to comment: "An SF Debris Production"?
Opps.
What's wrong with it? I think the new logo thing is purty.

(also: The place where the senior DS9 crew run the station is spelled Ops, not Opps.)
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

I was an English major in college and even I think that would be awfully nitpicky. ;)
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Durandal_1707 wrote:Speaking of common sense:

Crusher: "You need to stay in Sickbay so we can keep an eye on your condition!"

Geordi: "But I need to analyze the records!"

Crusher: "We can just bring a computer into Sickbay and you can analyze the records there while we monitor you! I mean, Khan was able to do it, on a far less sophisticated ship than this one."

Geordi: "BUT I NEED TO ANALYZE THE RECORDS"

--- and later: ---

Data: "Since you're having trouble finding anything useful in the records, and since time is short, perhaps I, the smartest guy on the ship by a huge margin, should help you."

Geordi: "No thanks, I'll do it myself."

Data: "Perhaps you should have someone keeping you company as you work, someone with a perfect memory that can completely remember whatever clues you find and continue your work should you become incapacitated. Someone who has lightning-quick reflexes and is far too strong to overpower, to prevent you from leaving the ship and forcibly take you to Sickbay to be cured should you start turning into one of the bad guys."

Geordi: "Go away Data!"

Sounds like

"I'm not the crazy one You're the crazy one!"
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Post by TheGreenMan »

Arkle wrote:I was an English major in college and even I think that would be awfully nitpicky. ;)
Certainly, just a pet peeve of mine. ;) :D

My brain likes to just use spelling and not sound for an/a placement. Dumb brain!
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Speaking of pet pevees it always annoys me in sci-fi when people from the future never think to use technology that we have access to today! Like in this episode, a colony and an away-team have already disappeared without a trace, scanners show nothing unusual so a ground search would be needed. Why can't they beam down a rover or something? or have a probe circle the location like a UAV? You have probes that can cross a solar system but they can't do a fly-by on a planet? It always annoys me when that happens.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Why was a parasite reprogramming his DNA. We already have an infectious agent that reprograms DNA. It's called a virus.
Tonesthegeek
Redshirt

Post by Tonesthegeek »

This began a fan-written script? When were they accepting those? And given the dribble most of paramount and CBS' writers gave us, why are they accepting any now?
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

Tonesthegeek wrote:This began a fan-written script? When were they accepting those? And given the dribble most of paramount and CBS' writers gave us, why are they accepting any now?
They aren't accepting any now, and haven't for well over a decade. This was the late 80s-early 90s.
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---