Mahoromatic

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Mahoromatic

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, indeed. Still, it's amazing Pokemon ever got off the ground or came to America, becoming the international sensation it is, given the Pokemon Shock incident.

Elfen Lied. If she were a real woman, she's the kind of girl I'd like to marry. My favorite female character in all of fiction. Yes, every fictional verse I've ever seen, I prefer Yuka the best. Though Lucy/Nyuu from the same series is a close second.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:50 pm My favorite female character in all of fiction. Yes, every fictional verse I've ever seen, I prefer Yuka the best. Though Lucy/Nyuu from the same series is a close second.
I thought Lucy would be your number one...more your type. :) (blood lust and all that)
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Not really. I do like her because I love the "person to finally give her the love she's been seeking all her life" angle, but I'm no fool, she's not stable. And Yuka is, and could very well look like a real-life Japanese girl. A classic beauty. Lucy is too much of an exotic beauty. Pink hair, red eyes, and horns. You'd need some major cosplay to pull that off. :)
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Who would have thought the teacher had any capacity for shame?

A wave motion gun is no match for the power of booby missiles!

"It is not a show, it is a peep into a disturbed mind."

Yeah, it is Gainax. At least it is silly and lighthearted, right?
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 am "It is not a show, it is a peep into a disturbed mind."

Yeah, it is Gainax.
Hey, that's what I said then, too. :lol:
Valikdu
Redshirt

Post by Valikdu »

>>Miss Shikijo swings by for a dinner and a bath

I rememeberd the "traditional greeting" and laughed hard.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I'm a bit surprised, that the robot's arm-mounted cannon (S2E3) did not get a shout-out. It's the freaking Space Battleship Yamato!
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:31 pm I'm a bit surprised, that the robot's arm-mounted cannon (S2E3) did not get a shout-out. It's the freaking Space Battleship Yamato!
It was? I am shamed that I didn't notice that.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:23 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:31 pm I'm a bit surprised, that the robot's arm-mounted cannon (S2E3) did not get a shout-out. It's the freaking Space Battleship Yamato!
It was? I am shamed that I didn't notice that.
Look at it. I mean... Just look at it...

Image Image

How can one not notice that? :shock:
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I would have missed the Yamato reference if Megas XLR hadn't done it a bit more bluntly.