The X-Files: Paperclip

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: The X-Files: Paperclip

Post by Beastro »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 pm Besides that, how about not being offended about nothing, when no offense was intended?
That assumes I was offended at all. Rather, I just found it funny and decided to mention it when I made this thread.

Wait, was this directed at me or Yukie?

People, please use the quote feature.
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:00 pm I am torn on the mythology of the X-Files.

BIG fan of the standalone episodes, as they are allowed to just be scary stories with recurring characters, for contemporary horror the way Star Trek was for science fiction. That while you have recurring characters with a dynamic to anchor the show, you are mostly free to do whatever you want.

The mythology stuff... It is a lot of bullshit layered on top of itself, and in the era before wikipedia and streaming I have no idea how they justified having something so obtuse and strange be the core of the franchise.

"Okay... so they used vaccinations as a cover for sampling DNA."
"Yes."
"And they were making hybrids of aliens and humans?"
"Yes."
"And the Bees?"
"Um... They give you small pox."
"You are making this up as you go."
"No."
"Yes you are."
"Am NOT!"
That doesn't make you sound torn at all and are in the camp I'm in, that the X-Files was wonderful being what it was, as a monster of a week show befitting it's Nightstalker inspiration, and the mythology often added little and ultimately was a detractor (and it's prominance in the shows return is why I quickly gave up on it).
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Oh, and here I thought I was the only one to prefer the monster of the week episodes. :D
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
TexasRed
Doctor's Assistant

Post by TexasRed »

Madner Kami, Please stop spamming the report post function

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Why you gotta be like that Madner?
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Beastro wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 amWait, was this directed at me or Yukie?

People, please use the quote feature.
If I do not quote, I refer to the post right above mine ;)
TexasRed wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:20 am Madner Kami, Please stop spamming the report post function
Then do something about this repeated pointless and derailing drivel already. Why am I getting the red flag for pointing it out? Derailing a thread because it flows naturally from the topic is one thing, but constantly inserting this nonsense everywhere shouldn't result in you going red at me, especially not in public.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:47 am Why you gotta be like that Madner?
Gotta be like what? Reporting off-topic nonsense? The hell I will stop doing that.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I can sympathize, Madner. We all have a habit to go off topic repeatedly. Though it amuses me that you're spamming the report function. Not out of malice or anything. I just get a big kick out of it. The world can be so amusing sometimes. It's a right stage of entertainment.

Also, calling me Yukie, lol. Also amuses me.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I was not spamming the report function, I reported a number of different posts, some of which in one thread including my own.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

... for some reason, I assumed you'd been mass-reporting my posts, because I tend to go off topic the most... seriously, my huge apologies for that. :oops:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I was reporting your posts and my posts refering to yours, because they have fuck all to do with the topics.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Beastro wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am https://sfdebris.com/videos/xfiles/xfiles3e02.php

I find it odd they'd name the scientist in the episode Victor Klemperer when it's such a famous name of a Jewish witness to Nazi Germany. All the more so given that his dairy was published in '95 and was something of a hit.

Kinda like having a story about a female Nazi and naming her Anne Frank.
Chris Carter also had the myth arc episodes of season 10 called, "My Struggle". Use the German translation for the implications.