The Orville

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: The Orville

Post by Deledrius »

Robovski wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 am You got Star Wars in my Star Trek!

That could have been an entire season IMO.
I was wondering all the way until the end if this Star Wars rebellion story was going to be a multi-episode arc of some kind. I also wonder if not having a definite renewal played a hand in that.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Season-ending cliffhangers are so 90s anyway. Plus, now that a season of TV is down to 12 or 13 episode seasons now, it's a much riskier move.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Glad it didn't end on a cliffhanger. I don't like them in general but it's worse for a show like this that won't be back for almost a year and even worse when the future of the show is uncertain, as it would always be when they're filming these since they're done so far ahead.

But I really liked the episode overall, logic issues aside.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

It appears that The Orville has been renewed for a third season. All hail Avis!
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Deadline confirms.

Not directly related but If you like listening to Seth do podcasts, here's one from yesterday.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

I'm so glad we finally got word on the renewal!

To celebrate, have a fan project video:

youtu.be/ALHs9lDdsc0
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Personally I have no interest to Orville even based on what Chuck has reviewed. Then again over all I don't care about Seth MacFarlane's brand of humor so that doesn't help to get my interest up either. So all I can say is it's not my cup of tea and leave it there.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am Personally I have no interest to Orville even based on what Chuck has reviewed. Then again over all I don't care about Seth MacFarlane's brand of humor so that doesn't help to get my interest up either. So all I can say is it's not my cup of tea and leave it there.
I don't care for it either, which is why I had almost entirely written the show off the moment it was announced. I'm glad I didn't, because this show isn't Family Guy at all. But hey, even then it's not everyone's thing. I think Season 2 was a huge improvement even over Season 1, and I'm excited to see the universe fleshed out even more in Season 3.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

The season 1 trailer was terrible, and not really representative of the show. I am glad it continues to improve and will have a 3rd season (and hopefully many more).
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

Post by CaptainCalvinCat »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am Personally I have no interest to Orville even based on what Chuck has reviewed. Then again over all I don't care about Seth MacFarlane's brand of humor so that doesn't help to get my interest up either. So all I can say is it's not my cup of tea and leave it there.
I could not agree more.