Dear Doctor (ENT)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Dear Doctor (ENT)

Post by TGLS »

I was thinking about this one recently. The worst part about the episode, even beyond the genocide thing, is that it's so simple to come up with a better plot about the same premise. Here's one I came up with. Archer goes to a planet, and there's a big problem there. He gets involved, but he gets in deeper and deeper, and he ends up having to make a horrible choice. Then he thinks about whether he should have gotten involved to begin with. Same prime directive story, doesn't result in stupid plot that ends in genocide. Also, it justifies the prime directive instead of just pretending it exists already, even though it doesn't.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
PerrySimm
Captain

Re: Dear Doctor (ENT)

Post by PerrySimm »

"The Communicator" shoots in that general direction. At least that time Archer didn't abet genocide... no, he only caused a world war to break out.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

The only way that those two episodes could make sense is if the "prime directive" doesn't turn out to be simply a Federation law, but one of the galaxy's many ominipotent super-beings that manipulates the universe so that things only ever turn out for the best if you don't interfere in pre-warp alien cultures.

The Prime directive moves in mysterious ways, and Archer is his prophet.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fipse
Redshirt

Post by Fipse »

I am always surprised how many people say "Finally a real Star Trek episode!" without a hint of irony.