TNG - "Heart of Glory"

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Makeshift Python
Captain

TNG - "Heart of Glory"

Post by Makeshift Python »

Looking forward to Chuck finally covering this one. Not only because it's one of the few decent episodes from season one but it's the first significant story for Worf. Prior to this, the only notable moment I think he had was in "Coming of Age" where we get one scene that gives us an idea of who he is. Aside from that, I think all he ever did throughout the season was either growl or suggest an offensive tactic that Picard always shot down like it was the most vile thing he ever heard.

Though from his comment "cowards take hostages, Klingons do not", it sounds to me he never watched TOS or THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK. :lol:
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: TNG - "Heart of Glory"

Post by Yukaphile »

I don't think Chuck will like it. He's pretty much said all of Season 1 sucked except with the possible exception of "Conspiracy." I mean, he rated it a 7, after all.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Isn't this a reupload?
Makeshift Python
Captain

Yukaphile wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:56 am I don't think Chuck will like it. He's pretty much said all of Season 1 sucked except with the possible exception of "Conspiracy." I mean, he rated it a 7, after all.
I’m sure he’ll have a field day with the bit where the Klingons ask for a tour of the Enterprise AFTER admitting they destroying a Klingon vessel, and Worf’s like “yeah, sure, let’s check out the battle bridge”.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I literally saw you edit this to quote me, lol.

But yeah, I don't think this is uploaded yet...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Makeshift Python
Captain

Still a few first season episodes he’s yet to cover. Aside from “Heart of Glory” I also liked “The Big Goodbye” and the Bynars episode. Everything else is below average.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You actually like Season 1 episodes? Oh dear Lord, this explains so much, lol. :lol:
Makeshift Python
Captain

I like 3 out of 25 episodes of the first season... not exactly high praise.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I don't like a single one. 8-)
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

For all the nostalgia for TOS in Discovery and Abrams Trek, I like the early TNG uniforms as jumpsuits for a science team.

I think the militarization of Starfleet can officially commence when they update the suits in TNG.
..What mirror universe?