Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, Starship Troopers!

Both the film and the book it's based on would be perfect material for Chuck to explore an important issue currently affecting the human race, fascism and the growing, dividing intolerance between nations, races and religions.
Even if he didn't want to go in that direction, it's still good stuff for him to go over.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
MaxWylde
Officer

Post by MaxWylde »

There's an old movie that I'd like him to review, and it's called Colossus: The Forbin Project. It's about the US Government, in conjunction with a special computer lab, run by computer scientist Dr. Forbin, who makes a computer system called Colossus to control all of the US's nuclear weapons arsenal, to act as the kind of deterrent that will not hesitate to retaliate against a first strike from the Soviet Union. Unbeknownst to the Americans, the Soviets were also making their own computer to do the same thing, called Guardian. Hilarity ensues when the two primitive A.I.s (using taped memory banks, no less) begin talking to one another.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

I'd be interested in seeing Chuck compare the Twilight Zone movie with the episodes they were inspired by/remade.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

One anime I waffle back and forth between whether to recommend or not is Noragami and its sequel Noragami Aragoto. My main problem is as good as the anime is the manga is SO much better. I guess I would request it BUT with a caveat, that it be review BOTHas a show in it own right AND as a adaptation.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I'd love to see him do more Transformers shows, from Beast Machines to the current Robots in Disguise series (kind of surprised he hasn't added clips from either that show or Rescue Bots in his intro). I'd especially love to see hear his pain when he gets to the horror that is Transformers: Energon. :twisted:

As for Beast Wars episodes, I'd love to see him do the episodes dealing with the Vok. We've already seen him do "Other Voices," but it would be interesting to see reviews on "Chain of Command," the two-part "The Trigger," "Law of the Jungle" (which doesn't feature the Vok but does mention them), the two-part "Other Visits," and "Other Victories." In fact, I'm kind of surprised that he didn't do "Chain of Command" and "The Trigger" before "Other Voices," as first two lead up to the S1 finale.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I would like to see Chuck go back to Star Wars Clone Wars with the major arc of season 5 where Darth Maul makes a return with his own grand plans. This was by far one of the darkest seasons of the Star Wars series. It even develops further of Anakin and how plausible this character from this show can eventually become Darth Vader.
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
AndronicusVII
Redshirt

Post by AndronicusVII »

Looking through some of these, other suggestions I saw people put up that excited me were Big O and Disney's Black Hole. I would love to see Chuck do those!

In terms of stuff I have already commissioned him to do, these were paid for before the shut down...

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water (anime)
Island of Dr Moreau (old black and white version)
Conan the Barbarian (Arnold version)
Darker than Black (anime)
And some TOS episodes.

If you're wondering, my name is Andrew Jensen. He's done some TOS episodes for me already and the Man Who Changed His Mind.
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

I have put some money aside for once the que opens up to request the first Highlander movie.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

How about series that haven't come out yet? Because I hear that the BBC is working on a new War of the Worlds miniseries...

Oh, and for an old animated classic, the Watership Down movie.
YAGWG
Redshirt

Post by YAGWG »

Beastro wrote:Rest of the Alien Franchise.

Fallout 1 and New Vegas.

More Batman the Animated Series.
A look at an obscure 90s cartoon I always loved by the name of Bots Master.
Bots Master? Yeah, I remember that - a DiC production, iirc - it certainly had Jean Chalopin and Andy Heyward's names on the credits.

Anyway, onto suggestions - I agree with Blakes 7 and Lexx.

I'd suggest the CGI Captain Scarlett series to see what Chuck makes of that - it's from Gerry Anderson, but the animation done by Foundation Imaging, who did the CGI for the first few seasons of B5...
Creator: The Warren McArthur Chronicles

When in doubt, make a cheese sandwich...