Explaining the Horror: SCP Foundation

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
King Green
Officer

Explaining the Horror: SCP Foundation

Post by King Green »

Have any of you heard of this site called the SCP Foundation, a website dedicated to explaining the cosmic/mundane horrors that lurk on areas which the human race consider too eldritch?

If so please say what your favorite SCP is or what tale is great.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
King Green
Officer

Re: Explaining the Horror: SCP Foundation

Post by King Green »

Fine I'll start first, my top favorite SCP is SCP-914 AKA "The Clockworks". It's anomalous 7-ton machine made of clock-work parts and one of the Foundation's most prized Safe-class anomalies(with a few that the output is dangerous to humans), the SCP is capable of refining and deconstructing materials in an input booth and turns what ever material to an enhanced/demolished item(s). There is a dial for controlling the settings of what material comes and what comes out.
The setting are; Coarse, Rough, 1:1, Fine, and Very Fine.

Each of these settings do as they say but the one rule that SCP-914 is not allowed to do is dramatically change said object or alter the fundamental concept of said object[i.e. Input=Iron * Very Fine Setting =/=Neon that forces you to perceive penguins in an area.]

How I really like this SCP is due to the numerous and hilarious tests of what enter the input booth and what gets processed/deconstructed, however the test logs are not allowing any biological entities or objects due to [REDACTED].

The tales regarding the SCP is up for your interpretation and how you react toward the [GOI EXPUNGED]. To me it really tells a well made story of why mankind has a more mysterious history and could be lying about themselves of being 100.000+ years old? Besides, I'm new to the site(only 1.6 years old account) the best SCP work I did was RP-ing and help play-test the new SCPs on Secret Laboratory and a new project called SCP: Scholars Legion, by the way SCP-076-2 and SCP-2552 will be released on the 1.2.7 update on November 16.

HAVE FUN :-Þ
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I don't even
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm hesitant to really commit to a favorite, but I have a great deal of fondness for "HMS Wintersheimer'" aka SCP-1861 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1861 . First one I ever read up. Starts with a recurring rainstorm that contains a mixture of sea water, blood, and cerebro-spinal fluid and keeps getting stranger, without ever truly feeling random or incoherent.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
NovaShoujo
Redshirt

Post by NovaShoujo »

I actually prefer the nicer, less horror SCPs, like SCP-085 and SCP-1470. If I had to pick a favourite horror one, it would be SCP-1983.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Oh, if I was to go for a non-scary one, SCP426, "I am a toaster" ranks pretty high. http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-426
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Wow this is hallow, well, if any of you can't talk much about the horror talk something else SCP-related. The Modders won't mind, unless you let your SCP OC get out of control or begin breaking the rules with Insane Troll Logic(TV Tropes, look it up on next tab).
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

The Pizza Box, the Vending Machine (drinks AND snacks), Fred, The Bookends, The Invisible Kleptomaniacal Woman, the Floppy Disk Set Containing the Entire Internet, the Vintage AI on Cassette Tape, the Ikea, and Mr. Deed's Bell. I don't know the numbers.

Oh! And everything related to Doctor Wondertainment. She's like Willy Wonka for old, back-of-the-comic-book, mail-order, novelties and she's awesome!
And 'dado' AKA 'Your dealer, but their supply is literally magic, they can't label it worth a damn, and English is NOT their first language'. They're like Amelia Bedelia meets Walter White.
And then there's the Unusual Incidents Unit of the FBI or... The X-Files. They're underfunded, but they make do.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Oh Dado is a treasure. I think the funniest one might be the laxative, although I do like the internal logic of the banana one.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Before this I wasn't even aware that there is web site like that. Not that i am surprised to learn about it mind you.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard