Pointless politics baiting and bile spewing thread

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
G-Man
Officer

Pointless politics baiting and bile spewing thread

Post by G-Man »

When the country is being inundated by illegal aliens abusing our asylum loopholes, the last thing patriotic Americans should want to do is reward previous waves of illegal aliens.

The Treason Party (Democrats), however, unanimously voted to do just that.

Apparently they do not care about the crisis at the border, and want to encourage more people to cross illegally.
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Democrat Treason Weasels Exacerbate Border Crisis

Post by Yukaphile »

Wow, you sure love to hurl accusations at the other side despite you getting over me making assumptions. Let me put it this way. Is upholding the law important? Yes. It is. Laws, while merely a check on our base human impulses, are nevertheless an essential part of society. However, at what point should the laws take a backseat when it's getting in the way of something truly important, like, say, offering humanitarian aid to refugees and asylum seekers, many of whom are too poor to afford to come here, who have no connections in power, and who are tired of waiting and just want to get away from the hell that their homelands are? In which our power structure plays a role in destabilizing? However necessary it might have been in the Cold War, we still did that. Crossing the border illegally without examining the reasons for why they do so is frankly as clinically cold-hearted as one can get. And it's not "treason" because that's not the legal definition of treason. It's simply a matter of debate, with one side having their view, another having theirs. For someone who criticizes me so often, you're so quick to resort to emotionalism and passion-fueled arguments on this issue, eh? If somebody breaks the law to get here, but they don't have a criminal record, and they are simply somebody who was driven out of their, say, war-torn homeland, with corrupt authorities, death everywhere, and just want protection, do you waive aside the law and say, "We understand why you came, we'll overlook it, just do better in the future, and we'll give you chances to prove that you can do better, and live by our system past this initial rule-breaking?" I think in the name of decent humanity, we should. Isn't that the motto on the Statue of Liberty, after all?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Based on that OP seems like you don't know or understand what treason is because this is not that.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Indeed. A point that disgusts you, that you vehemently disagree with, sure. Which is something I can respect, it is your right. But if I'd improperly labeled something, do you think you'd be cutting me a break? Not accusing you, I'm just curious.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh and fun fact, a lot of those refugees and asylum seekers would be women and children, because that's who war and civil disruption always hurts the most.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm Oh and fun fact, a lot of those refugees and asylum seekers would be women and children, because that's who war and civil disruption always hurts the most.
then why are most of them Men aged 18-30?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm Oh and fun fact, a lot of those refugees and asylum seekers would be women and children, because that's who war and civil disruption always hurts the most.
:roll: Yukaphile, who dies the most in those wars?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Mecha82 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 pm Based on that OP seems like you don't know or understand what treason is because this is not that.
Why is that?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

G-Man wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm the country is being inundated by illegal aliens abusing our asylum loopholes
[citation needed]
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Treason??
..What mirror universe?