Police: please don’t sell milkshakes to anti-fascists

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Police: please don’t sell milkshakes to anti-fascists

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Draco Dracul wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:34 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 pm context of image?
It's a guy pouring soda on someone participating in a civil rights era sit in.
Ok I can process it now.
..What mirror universe?
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

clearspira wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm
So violence is cool when its against people you don't like?

Thats modern morality in a nutshell, if you haven't noticed

act sanctimonious and morally superior

Be outraged at anything that hurts your side

be completely meh and "I got mine" when something awful happens to people who support something you don't like

Its why you humans aren't worth saving to begin with
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Neat.
..What mirror universe?
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 pm Basically by ignoring homophobic stances by conservatives in UK people being against immigration of Muslims prove that they aren't against those attitudes and supporting sexual minorities (most likely they hold those stances themselves) but purely against those from other religions immigrating to UK. That rhetoric is pure hypocrisy. There I go again using that word but it does apply far too often.
And isn't that statement itself prejudice?

Personally I'm against immigration into the UK because I very strongly believe that it would be a nice place to live in if it had far fewer people in it (it's one of the most densely populated countries in the world - yes, most of it's still green but there's very little in it where you're not more than a few miles from a large town and busy road). Can't think of any ethical way of reducing the population but there's no good reason to add to it via immigration.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

@Wargriffin To note, I've tried being better than that lately. There may be no overall societal progress, but there can be individual progress.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Wargriffin wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 am ...
But humans invented the pizza bagel! That has to be worth something, right? :cry:
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

We also invented chocolate. :D
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Wargriffin wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 am ...
But humans invented the pizza bagel! That has to be worth something, right? :cry:
NO cause I've yet to have one decent pizza bagel! pizza bagels are for people who can't afford half decent microwave oven pizza!!
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

I bought an air fryer a while back and it makes microwave pizzas and pizza rolls into actually decent food. I need to try it on pizza bagels. I think the issue is for most foods microwaves are not a good way of heating them. Microwave salmon is excellent and I love it tho. Just add season salt - perfect.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 am Personally I'm against immigration into the UK because I very strongly believe that it would be a nice place to live in if it had far fewer people in it (it's one of the most densely populated countries in the world - yes, most of it's still green but there's very little in it where you're not more than a few miles from a large town and busy road). Can't think of any ethical way of reducing the population but there's no good reason to add to it via immigration.
Well one "good" reason (ie one with premises most people agree on) to add to it is if you have a shrinking population you have more and more pensioners being supported by fewer and fewer working age people. So either old people have to keep working into their golden years (with high productivity etc.) or you need to import people to do the work.

If by good reasons we mean reasons that everyone can agree to, I am not clear that unease with being too close to a big city or busy road is one that everyone agrees with (as opposed to noise or traffic or high house prices, but that would be true in the cities of far less densely populated countries etc.). There are probably people who say they could never live in the UK because you are never more than a few miles (45) from a tidal waterway or never more than 70 miles from the coast etc. It is not exactly wrong but it is not a reason most people share.

Anyway the UK is like in the top 20-25% in terms of population density (49 out of 230 or so countries), not sure that really qualifies as one of the most densely populated countries on Earth, depends what you mean. Now a lot of the most densely populated countries are city state like affairs such as Hong Kong and Singapore, still several of the more densely populate countries are I think comparable like South Korea, the Netherlands and so on. ( source )
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill