Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Steve »

At the top of my list is Steven Universe. I think Chuck can get a lot of humor mileage from various characters and bits (and, like the MLP reviews, jokes about the musical element) while having a lot to talk about with the show's themes and arcs.

Also, another vote for Centurions.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

All seven episodes of Walking with Dinosaurs (yes, Ballad of Big Al is a Walking With... episode) ;)
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Not sure WWD meets the science fiction or fantasy requirement. I guess the dinosaurs are a little bit anthropomorphized at times.
dief25
Redshirt

Post by dief25 »

Hi, I've been watching for years, but this is my first post.

Firstly, gotta throw another Lexx voice out there. It was so..........unique.

Secondly, I think I may be the first to suggest this.....Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. J. Michael Straczynski's first real effort at a long story arc on a tv show. It only made it one season, so it would likely be a simple overview, if doable at all. Who knows if it could even be aquired.
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

dief25 wrote:Secondly, I think I may be the first to suggest this.....Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. J. Michael Straczynski's first real effort at a long story arc on a tv show. It only made it one season, so it would likely be a simple overview, if doable at all. Who knows if it could even be aquired.
Good news. :) https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Power-Co ... the+future
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
dief25
Redshirt

Post by dief25 »

Arkle wrote:
dief25 wrote:Secondly, I think I may be the first to suggest this.....Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. J. Michael Straczynski's first real effort at a long story arc on a tv show. It only made it one season, so it would likely be a simple overview, if doable at all. Who knows if it could even be aquired.
Good news. :) https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Power-Co ... the+future
HAHAHAHA! Well that's something, then
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Archanubis wrote:I'd love to see him do more Transformers shows, from Beast Machines to the current Robots in Disguise series (kind of surprised he hasn't added clips from either that show or Rescue Bots in his intro). I'd especially love to see hear his pain when he gets to the horror that is Transformers: Energon. :twisted:

As for Beast Wars episodes, I'd love to see him do the episodes dealing with the Vok. We've already seen him do "Other Voices," but it would be interesting to see reviews on "Chain of Command," the two-part "The Trigger," "Law of the Jungle" (which doesn't feature the Vok but does mention them), the two-part "Other Visits," and "Other Victories." In fact, I'm kind of surprised that he didn't do "Chain of Command" and "The Trigger" before "Other Voices," as first two lead up to the S1 finale.
Chuck tends to do things in the order they're requested. He'll sometimes break request sequence if there's important context from another episode that's been requested from around the same time and it makes more sense to put them together, but otherwise.... He's good enough about trying to stick to the order things came in that he'll often do one episode, and then a week or two later, do the episode that immediately came before it. Even though it would obviously make sense to do them in sequence, he still does them in request order, or in a way they fit the theme and flow better.

In BW's case I'm pretty sure someone specifically requested all the major Dinobot episodes to lead up to Code of Hero, and then one or two others to establish new characters and the spark concept. Requesting the Vox related stuff is, as you noted, a whole mess of other episodes and a different plot arc to follow entirely. (especially considering we never really got resolution on what they even actually were...)
Last edited by RobbyB1982 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Not sure WWD meets the science fiction or fantasy requirement. I guess the dinosaurs are a little bit anthropomorphized at times.
As a speculative science documentary (dated, to be sure), it might stretch the requirements a bit.

The Jurassic Park films, on the other hand...
RobbyB1982 wrote: Requesting the Vox related stuff is, as you noted, a whole mess of other episodes and a different plot arc to follow entirely. (especially considering we never really got resolution on what they even actually were...)
Considering the head writers couldn't agree on what they were, plus interference from Hasbro... yeah.
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

Archanubis wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Not sure WWD meets the science fiction or fantasy requirement. I guess the dinosaurs are a little bit anthropomorphized at times.
As a speculative science documentary (dated, to be sure), it might stretch the requirements a bit.

The Jurassic Park films, on the other hand...
RobbyB1982 wrote: Requesting the Vox related stuff is, as you noted, a whole mess of other episodes and a different plot arc to follow entirely. (especially considering we never really got resolution on what they even actually were...)
Considering the head writers couldn't agree on what they were, plus interference from Hasbro... yeah.
The team who made WWD later made a two-part docudrama entitled 'Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets' that I've always wanted Chuck to review.

So I stumped up the $100 last year and it's in the queue. :-D
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Since he's done anime and toy-line series, it might be interesting to see him do any of the four Zoids series (Chaotic Century, New Century Zero, Fuzors, and Genesis).