BioWare Reviews Drinking Game

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SabreMau
Officer

Re: BioWare Reviews Drinking Game

Post by SabreMau »

Quarterbacks kicking happens sometimes, but usually on punts.

youtu.be/Y8TAplQtspM

This is the first occasion I could find of a quarterback kicking it through the goal posts, though.

youtu.be/EMfaavF1R3E

Maybe it's more like drafting the number one quarterback when you're actually a hockey team.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Winter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 am
SFDebris wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:24 am Buying Bioware and telling them to make Anthem is like drafting the number one quarterback and making him the kicker.
Um, is that bad? I'm not a sports fan so I have no idea if that's bad. :oops:
I am not sport fan either but I still understood that comparison and it does make lot of sense. After all that is what happened. People in Bioware that are good at making RPGs with plenty of story and lore as well as collection of interesting characters were pretty much put to make online action game by EA instead of what they are actually good at.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

... basically Anthem makes Destiny look deep

and their both gonna get trampled by Borderlands 3 when it comes to looter Shooters
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:56 amThis is the first occasion I could find of a quarterback kicking it through the goal posts, though.
wtf you can do that on the one-point? I remember randomly trying to punt the ball over the posts in Madden and it just called the ball out of bounds.
..What mirror universe?
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm
SabreMau wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:56 amThis is the first occasion I could find of a quarterback kicking it through the goal posts, though.
wtf you can do that on the one-point? I remember randomly trying to punt the ball over the posts in Madden and it just called the ball out of bounds.
It's a very obscure line in the NFL rulebook, and hasn't been a commonly attempted maneuver since the 20s and 30s when the shape of the football was different than it is now. It fell out of practice because of the shape changes and also, when you can place kick, why wouldn't you place kick? Its extreme rarity probably leads to game designers not remembering it when designing a game.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

SabreMau wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:30 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm
It's a very obscure line in the NFL rulebook, and hasn't been a commonly attempted maneuver since the 20s and 30s when the shape of the football was different than it is now. It fell out of practice because of the shape changes and also, when you can place kick, why wouldn't you place kick? Its extreme rarity probably leads to game designers not remembering it when designing a game.
Well that sucks because when I was playing with my older brother, I decided to punt near the end zone instead of place kick. The play went as I described, I laughed, and my brother sighed and told me he wanted to play a serious game, alluding to my forfeiture of control over the team to the cpu. I didn't know that you couldn't do it, I just wanted to try it. But yeah I knew that punts generally weren't meant for field goals as per play selection layouts.
..What mirror universe?