Mahoromatic

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Robovski
Captain

Re: Mahoromatic

Post by Robovski »

Chuck isn't as versed in anime as you might think, so while I noticed it I can forgive Chuck for not in the midst of the boobie rockets/missiles (which are not as uncommon as a lay person might think eg Aphrodite A).
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

So you are argueing, that Chuck was distracted by boobies? I would expect that from us sex-less weebs, but him?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

It's most likely that he just doesn't know about Space Battleship Yamato and he hasn't seen it even as Starblazers either so he didn't know that it was reference to it or that it's even reference to something.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

At about the 22:40 mark of the latest review, the subtitles of the gifts are as follows:
1. How to build a sexy body starting in your 20s
2. Yamato Nadeshiko: Collected Works
3. Jazz Greatest Hits
4. Collected Poetry of Shuntaro Tanigawa
5. The Magic Garden
6. Sexy Rush Hour Girls!
7. Diet Guide
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I haven't seen Yamato either, but I know they were likely the basis for the look of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Call me KuudereKun
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I'm actually mildly butthurt that the newer Space Battleship Yamato stuff is still being localized as Starblazers. Not having watched the dub yet, I really hope they didn't change the name of the ship again like they did in the old localization.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

This little video I made was inspired by Chuck's Reviews, so I don't watch the show itself.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uozlfFsJLo[/youtube]
Call me KuudereKun
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:09 am This little video I made was inspired by Chuck's Reviews, so I don't watch the show itself.

youtu.be/6uozlfFsJLo
For future reference: use just the random string of numbers/letters and not the whole URL.

Nice vid, by-the-by.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:lol: That's like one of the omake my MaximumWeeaboo group makes when we overcome our inherent laziness. Nice.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

ProfessorDetective wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:00 am
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:09 am This little video I made was inspired by Chuck's Reviews, so I don't watch the show itself.

youtu.be/6uozlfFsJLo
For future reference: use just the random string of numbers/letters and not the whole URL.

Nice vid, by-the-by.
Thank you
Call me KuudereKun