Nazis and the Nature of Evil

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Nazis and the Nature of Evil

Post by Yukaphile »

And a horde of lecherous men preying on unarmed women and girls is evil. They are evil. To pretend these two have any moral equivalency is purely political and a result of psychology culture and political correctness.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:16 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:27 pm I have to say, DBFan, that it's slightly amusing the prerogative you're taking upon yourself to affirm your own definitions sociopathy and empathy based solely on the outset of you and your father's characterized expression manner. I'm pretty sure that logically this falls in the realm of circular reasoning considering you are defining what other people are doing based on how it doesn't apply to you.
like I said, I wasn't trying to be the ultimate arbiter of what is and isn't sociopathy and maybe I was using the wrong word the whole time, I was just trying to find a convenient way to describe evil.
Eh, there's a pretty direct implication of that being what you were doing. Evil itself is a concept of its own that's fun to embark on for unpacking.

And ugh I hate when I respond to a post only to notice later that there were 1-2 pages of subsequent posts rendering my reply a little regressive.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

and I don't think anyone has replied to me saying that another serial killer, Jane Topan, was the real life Bad Seed. and related, Jeffrey Dahlmer had a perfectly normal childhood but still became a serial killer, he just woke up one day and decided to be a murderer.

and then there was Albert Fish. not only was he a pedophilic, cannibalistic, serial killer, but in his letters he sent to his victims' families, he showed himself to be a mustache twirling villain. and he even got off to being executed.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

If you truely think that Jeffrey Dahmer had a normal childhood, then you haven't been paying attention:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer#Childhood
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm If you truely think that Jeffrey Dahmer had a normal childhood, then you haven't been paying attention:

okay but what about Topan and Fish?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

What about them?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm If you truely think that Jeffrey Dahmer had a normal childhood, then you haven't been paying attention:

Well, first of all it's Toppan not Topan, and her mother died of TB when she was young and her father was a drunk. She was left at an orphanage and two years later placed as an indentured servant. Not the happiest childhood.

Fish was also placed at an orphanage where he was frequently abused, and at 12 he began a relationship with a telegraph boy who introduced him to coprophagia (eating shit).
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

TGLS wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:08 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Well, first of all it's Toppan not Topan, and her mother died of TB when she was young and her father was a drunk. She was left at an orphanage and two years later placed as an indentured servant. Not the happiest childhood.

Fish was also placed at an orphanage where he was frequently abused, and at 12 he began a relationship with a telegraph boy who introduced him to coprophagia (eating shit).
my point wasn't about their childhoods, I wanted a response to my original post that said Toppan was the real life Bad Seed and Albert Fish was a real life cartoon villain.

if you didn't know Toppan Homes and Fish were real people and heard the stuff they said, you'd dismiss them as "unrealistically one dimensional villains" in some fictional work. TV Tropes has a term for that, "Reality is Unrealistic".
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

This is the quote that DBF is talking about BTW, on page two.

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 am I still say Hitler was only pretending to care about his mother or niece or whoever to make others think he had a good side.

and again, H.H. Homes only ever did things involving his murder castle, it was his only purpose for being and by his own words, his obsession with death was born of fascination, not trauma.

and again there was the other serial killer, Jane Topan, she was another who was actually born evil, she was even the inspiration for The Bad Seed. and she said she wanted to murder more innocent people then anyone else in history. and once more, the only way to achieve that goal would be to kill off the entire human race.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

and maybe I do have some negative aspects in common with Hitler and other historical monsters but my point was that those monsters did not have any positive traits in common with normal human beings. there is a reason the Daleks from Doctor Who, creatures who are literally incapable of any emotion besides hatred, are compared to Nazis.