SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

true
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 amI'm not the one claiming huge populations of people are collectively guilty or deserve to die.
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The lack of self-awareness. Oh lordy.
SabreMau wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 amAs the one who donated $400 towards getting this particular set of videos made,
Thanks then. Really enjoying them.
SabreMau wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 amI dislike this particular tangent. Angela went to Alderaan to get Jaesa's family and then specifically make sure they're not tortured. This is a good and happy plan. She's not there on a mission of finding people who irritate her then murdering them, and murdering their supporters and their noble houses and their friends and their flying manta rays. That would be actually the opposite of her plan.
Noone says Angela should do that. Just as with the moral outrage starting at mecha82 on page 11 and faned on by the usual, I have no idea where this impression comes from.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am I'm not the one claiming huge populations of people are collectively guilty or deserve to die.
Ummm, what?

Care to elaborate?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I think he's referring to my general disdain for humanity. But tbh, think Chuck's early days with Voyager. That's not hatred, it's disappointment. And that's applied to a whole species and in fact the whole natural world. Not just a single group of people. But seriously, I think most people have a very hard time coping with the idea of death and the ultimate extinction of our race. Is that so bad? It's inevitable, as surely as the heat death of the universe. It's how we deal with it that matters. On a depressed day, I'd push that button that would end humanity. But on a good day, I would not. However, that's a WHOLE species and not a single nation of people. Or in this case, a single planet as people here are arguing. If you're gonna go for genocide, why not for all the races rather than just one? It's favoritism of the worst kind. Show off a more cruel kind of fairness.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pmI think most people have a very hard time coping with the idea of death and the ultimate extinction of our race. Is that so bad? [...] On a depressed day, I'd push that button that would end humanity. [...] However, that's a WHOLE species and not a single nation of people. Or in this case, a single planet as people here are arguing.
If you pushed that button, it would quite literally be a single planet. You are absolutely insane. Whatever you changed about your medications during your latest break, change it to what is was the entire time during your last extended stay.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Single planet, yes, but we have no idea if there's other life out there.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It means you're not understanding the point. The entire point was that the argument "Alderaan deserved it" was wrong when it means billions will die, and that I don't trust myself with power, that I have a lot of rage against the world, and... this is all stuff we've been down before.

Think of me as like... the ultimate egalitarian. We are all equal before the universe. Yet there's systemic inequality. And I dislike that.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Can we take this to another thread? This is severely off topic, and I wanna drop this.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Then why did you raise it in the first point? It was a figure of speech applied to a very specific circumstance in a flippant manner and you come and barge in out of nowhere as if you are the Wrath of God himself and set fire to something that wasn't even meant to be a candle.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox