SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Ikiry0
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Ikiry0 »

...I wasn't expecting a small joke about how wretched Alderaan is in TOR to turn into a multi-page war.
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am
Zefram Mann wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 amAnd if your defense is, "But it's Baras!", just stop. It's because it's Baras that you should have no shortage of material to work with.
True, Baras is very hammy.
Well, you are what you eat.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly I thought the first few were funny just because Baras provides great set-ups. Always referring to emotions as something "to feed on", "I am beside myself," "you will exhaust yourself," etc. After a while it sort of drifted into mean-spirited slamming him for his weight out of nowhere every time he shows up.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Well, Baras has and is a huge ass and somehow that big ego needs to fit into a physical body, too, so... vOv

Fun-Fact: Did you know that Baras means pub or bar in lithuanian?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

mathewgsmith wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:46 am Honestly I thought the first few were funny just because Baras provides great set-ups. Always referring to emotions as something "to feed on", "I am beside myself," "you will exhaust yourself," etc. After a while it sort of drifted into mean-spirited slamming him for his weight out of nowhere every time he shows up.
It sure gets both repetitive and mean-spirited. Which is shame since Chuck is usually so creative with his jokes.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

So you sincerely care about the feelings of a torturous, murderous Sith Lord. This is the true comedy here, people. Snowflakes are not special because they demand special treatment. Snowflakes are called so, because they are so easily destroyed by proxy, which is exactly what is happening here. Charles is making a fool out of the collosal (literally and figuratively) asshole named Darth Baras and you know how you'd get really easily under Baras' skin if you were working towards a confrontation with him? Making fun of him, because he takes himself super serious despite being a giant joke. If your feelings get hurt by proxy, you are making a fool out of yourself.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Original statement: "X sucks because he's in category Y."
Someone in or sympathetic to category Y: "What the heck, man?"
Third party: "Lol, are you seriously defending X?"
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

mathewgsmith wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 amOriginal statement: "X sucks because he's in category Y."
But Baras doesn't suck because he's in category Y. He's an evil villain for a host of other reasons, but who also happens to reside in category Y.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

SabreMau wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 am
mathewgsmith wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 amOriginal statement: "X sucks because he's in category Y."
But Baras doesn't suck because he's in category Y. He's an evil villain for a host of other reasons, but who also happens to reside in category Y.
Right. That's why the go-to insult being "he's in category y" is insulting to everyone in category y.

Edit: phrasing.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I'm in "category Y" myself, spent much of my entire childhood being emotionally (and on occasion, physically) abused at school to the point it stunted my ability to socialize, and I still enjoy Baras getting mocked because A) he's a murderous, torturing sociopath Sith (but I repeat myself) and B) I can recognize Chuck's mocking of his body figure relates to how Sith view themselves as supreme powers and pinnacles of awesomeness.

IOW, Chuck doesn't ruthlessly mock Baras' figure because "lol fat people are gross", he mocks it because it reflects on Baras as a character. Or at least, that's how it feels to me. But I'm not Chuck, I'm just a fat poster with an opinion.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!