Franchise woes?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Franchise woes?

Post by Yukaphile »

Buu is just another Cell. I mean, he has absorption and regeneration powers.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

And like Freeza has different forms. I no longer recall what his final form was because he was less a character and more of a force of nature.

The only stuff I liked was when Fat Buu became friends with Mr. Satan. That was some straight up classic whimsy that DB knew how to pull off, even if bizarre.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, but Cell made it unique. He could regenerate too. Buu was all new forms as well as absorption and regeneration.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Makeshift Python
Captain

True.

I do like his power to turn people into chocolate. That’s just down right bizarre.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

And Vegito tanked that LIKE A CHAMP.
Makeshift Python
Captain

My memories on what exactly happens after Vegeta’s sacrifice are very vague. I stopped watching DB when Cartoon Network kept jerking around holding back episodes during that saga. First was after Vegeta’s sacrifice. Then they do another hiatus right after everyone gets turned into chocolate. Then I hear they’re changing to a weekly format instead of a Monday thru Friday in order to slow down the inevitable finale because it was their ratings prize that they didn’t want to give up.

What I do remember after the first comeback was giving Vegeta the cheesiest lines. “GREAT GALAXIES!” “SON OF A NAMEK!”
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Ironically, that is around when I first picked up the Buu Saga about, oh... 17 or so years ago. Wow, time sure flies. I hadn't even watched the Cell Saga up to that point. :shock:
Makeshift Python
Captain

I started watching when they were doing reruns of the Freeza saga in the summer of 2000. Watching the Android/Cell storylines unfold for the first airing in the following Fall was one of my most exciting TV watchings of my childhood.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I only found out about it in 2008, when I caught glimpses on TV, and went online to find it on Megaupload. Hey, this is SERIOUSLY OFF TOPIC. Madner Kami, can you please answer my question? Which timeskip were you referring to?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Makeshift Python wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 am I started watching when they were doing reruns of the Freeza saga in the summer of 2000. Watching the Android/Cell storylines unfold for the first airing in the following Fall was one of my most exciting TV watchings of my childhood.
Toonami? Yeah, me too. We were blind watching at the same time.