Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by MadAmosMalone »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote:Chuck has some of the real classic sci-fi films under his belt now. One daunting classic that would be fun to see is 2001: A Space Odyssey. That would have to be one of the toughest things out there to review, but I would love to hear his take on it.
Chuck's colleague, Confused Matthew, lost a subscriber when he reviewed it. He thought it was an overworked, overhyped, confusing mish mash of Kubrick's ego, Clarke's boring lack of engaging characters, and 60's drug culture. My opinion of Confused Matthew is.. well let's just leave that to your imagination. Suffice to say that, despite his qualifications and despite my having enjoyed many of his other reviews, he is very much mistaken about this flick. I'm not saying Chuck would hafta praise the movie unquestioningly for me to appreciate his review of it. I'm not saying I would stop watching Chuck if his opinion of the movie isn't as high as mine. I'm sure if Chuck has any gripes with the movie they would be well reasoned ones but the movie has stood the test of time and is still regarded as one of the most ground breaking works of science fiction ever made. Suppose there's a reason?
Winter wrote:Sense8, given its cancellation though I wouldn't blame Chuck if he waited a few months to review it once everyone has calmed down.
The show may be cancelled but at least they're going to get a 2 hour finale special, next year, to wrap things up.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I'm glad that the show is getting a chance at a proper finally and that it was the love fans have for this show that gave it that chance though I do wish that it was getting at least one more season or, at the very least, a four hour special finally as there is a lot to wrap up. Still better then nothing or having to wait several years later just have a resolution.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

I'd love to see Chuck's take on FLCL.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Eh, probably just end up talk about how weird it is.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

I would love to see Chuck dive headfirst into some of the classic US stuff, like the main Irwin Allen shows that were running alongside Star Trek. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants and of course the classic Lost in Space. Since he is already slowly doing the nuGalactica stuff a review of the original would be nice. Especially since it rather strongly connects with his Shadows Journey series. And from that segway into Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Rather than doing episode by episode reviews these all might be worth taking a broader look at how they came to be. Each of the early TV SciFi production houses that sprang up. The Master of Disaster Irwin Allen and his campy monster of the week shows. The Glen Larson BSG and BR wagon train to the stars shows. And Filmations little Saturday morning offerings Ark II, Space Academy and Jason of Star Command. (especially noteworthy for all of the Trek, Lost in Space and other sf related guest stars that showed up in them.)

And once he has those all nicely documented and presented, see how the all seem to come together in Farscape. The first truly new thing we got in a long long time. A love letter to that classic stuff.

For Stand Alone films Silent Running, The three 90's Gamera movies (that are incredible), 2001 and 2010 contrasting the two.

And finally in much the same way he does his specials. Wade into the bad stuff. The stuff that really hasn't survived the test of time. Don't review full series but give an introduction to things like Quark, Homeboys in Space, Automan, Galactica 1980, My Favorite Martian, The Man from Atlantis, The $^ Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, etc.
bluebydefault
Redshirt

Post by bluebydefault »

I really enjoyed the Dark City review and was hoping for more sci-fi, fantasy, and horror movies that are good but maybe get looked over. Its nice to draw attention to some deserving movies/shows and discuss some things that haven't been analyzed as much.

More DCAU especially young justice and some more of the animated movies.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Part of me really wants to see Chuck stream Star Trek VR with one of his parody Captains in the chair :)
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

That would be delightful. :)
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

Want to see a great seen where Work tells Wesley Crusher to shut the fuck up. :D

The EP is that Chuck hadn't reviewed yet on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" the ep is The Icarus Factor. Sadly it's season 2. But watching Worf yelling at Wesley Crusher is priceless. :D
dief25
Redshirt

Post by dief25 »

Fixer wrote:Part of me really wants to see Chuck stream Star Trek VR with one of his parody Captains in the chair :)
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I could watch a whole series of "Parody" Janeway