Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
aceina
Officer

Re: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Post by aceina »

GloatingSwine wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm
Fourth Dimension wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm I'm only mentioning this as curious tidbits that won't really matter much in future :D
Given that the family basically don't exist after the first season it won't matter at all, though the fact that they're all samurai bodyguards probably explains why "bye Dad I'm off to save the world" is not regarded as unusual behaviour for a nine year old.
its a shame we have never gotten to see them interact with vivo

thoe i have 1 big question did she at least invite them to her and fates wedding i know nanoha lives abit out of the way for a casual visit but id think they would at least want to be there for that
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

aceina wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm
thoe i have 1 big question did she at least invite them to her and fates wedding i know nanoha lives abit out of the way for a casual visit but id think they would at least want to be there for that
Are you be facecious or has that genuinely happened in the later series?

(I am afraid I never did manage to track the later series down after StrikerS.)
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:16 pm
aceina wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Are you be facecious or has that genuinely happened in the later series?

(I am afraid I never did manage to track the later series down after StrikerS.)
bit of both really

nanoha and fate are a canonical couple if they ever got married or not who knows vivo does refer to both of them as mama thoe they also share a bed so yea its likely they did get married at some point (even official art work of a wedding but its a manga insert cover thingy which is not canon naturally)
GloatingSwine
Officer

Post by GloatingSwine »

It's not ever been explicit, mostly because of marketing reasons (gotta keep those waifus available). But they are very domestic in Vivid.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

Right no change, then. I was just wondering if they'd actually... maged? up and done it official-like in the more recent series (I am aware of Vivid and that there was at least one more beyond that, but not much about them).

(I mean subtext was practically overt text from StrikerS (I believe even the Japanese VAs thought so), but I guess we still aren't quite there yet, a decade or plus on...)
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

yep there jpns vas flat out said they voice the characters like they are a couple and yea in vivid they are even more overt about things (granted thoe 2 dont show up much in vivid as vivo is the star of it where she has her own love interest which she compares to her mama's )
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

I think it's as word-of-god as it can be since the backlash over pairing Nanoha with Yuno in that one story, that it's generally taken as a rule, considering, you know, they sleep in a bed together and all that other domestic stuff. But Japan gonna Japan.

Nanoha's a pretty sexless universe though, ironically. Even married couples are married mostly through exposition and not through any subtext or actions, otherwise we'd never be able to tell the difference.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

what ive alwasy found interesting about nanoha x fate is even thoe they did not start going that rout until As

in the original series nanoha says this line after first meeting fate "i felt unknown feelings welling up inside of me for the girl with kind but sad eyes"
Fourth Dimension
Redshirt

Post by Fourth Dimension »

GloatingSwine wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm
Fourth Dimension wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm I'm only mentioning this as curious tidbits that won't really matter much in future :D
Given that the family basically don't exist after the first season it won't matter at all, though the fact that they're all samurai bodyguards probably explains why "bye Dad I'm off to save the world" is not regarded as unusual behaviour for a nine year old.
Yup.

:D
SuccubusYuri wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pmNanoha's a pretty sexless universe though, ironically. Even married couples are married mostly through exposition and not through any subtext or actions, otherwise we'd never be able to tell the difference.
Eh. That's mostly due to how young the cast is and that by the later segments any female is only allowed to interact or be shipped with another female less certain segment of fandom find it not to their liking or something. And since they have no balls to make official any of these yuribait pairings nobody other than certain Enforcer and his former assistant is having any sex. But those two? They seem to be trying to be trying to produce enough kids to offset their female friends being all tied in yuribait ships. :D
[url=https://discord.gg/WhuNjQj]Midchilda: Nanoha Discord server[/url]
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

Also I'd be remiss to let this get to page 5 without posting the meme xD