Nazis and the Nature of Evil

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Nazis and the Nature of Evil

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 am Poetic.

There's a pretty dynamic scale on the continuum of understandable vice to some type of mass murderer.
look, I'm not saying a moral person has absolutely no vices. but in cased of large scale suffering, apathy, twisted beliefs and sadism on the part of the perpetrator are no different.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You know what I don't get? And this is not just a problem from 70 years ago but one facing our society today. I have ragged on about what the USSR did, but in truth, it's really just one specific case I have in my mind. That confessed serial rapist who admits he targeted children because women "ran away" from him and his buddies, and that he would stuff things in their mouths to stop them from screaming out as if in an attempt to stop them from reminding him they are children and don't like that, and it takes him several decades to reevaluate his behavior and sees it's wrong. He still insists he was a good boy from a good home. It's similar to something I read in The Guardian, about this man who had raped a few women, then got married. To me, if you truly have come to reevaluate your past behavior as wrong, and feel regret, then how can you ever get married again to someone? Wouldn't it be impossible to get hard? Wouldn't you feel shame over that? Thus it would render you impotent? Isn't true redemption here to stay celibate? Like becoming a monk? With the case of this confessed ex-soldier, he wouldn't give us his name or show his face, he remained anonymous, so it's really impossible to say whether he got married or not, or has kids. It's like how Reddit gave those slimebags a platform to speak up back in 2012. I know as humans there will always be a basic level of disconnect between us, but I really can't understand somebody who engages in that kind of twisted sexual cruelty, who can then get married with consensual sex the same as it is with other people? It boggles my brain, it really does, the same way it does with DBF above. What the hell is wrong with those people?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

In real life, people can get biologically aroused during rape. That doesn't make it any less rape. That's because the body is not linked to the mind completely.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pmHe still insists he was a good boy from a good home.With the case of this confessed ex-soldier, he wouldn't give us his name or show his face, he remained anonymous, so it's really impossible to say whether he got married or not, or has kids. It's like how Reddit gave those slimebags a platform to speak up back in 2012. I know as humans there will always be a basic level of disconnect between us, but I really can't understand somebody who engages in that kind of twisted sexual cruelty, who can then get married with consensual sex the same as it is with other people? It boggles my brain, it really does, the same way it does with DBF above. What the hell is wrong with those people?
Then he is misleading you. Either factually or with disclosing matters pertinent to him as a moral issue.
Yukaphile wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm It's similar to something I read in The Guardian, about this man who had raped a few women, then got married. To me, if you truly have come to reevaluate your past behavior as wrong, and feel regret, then how can you ever get married again to someone? Wouldn't it be impossible to get hard? Wouldn't you feel shame over that? Thus it would render you impotent? Isn't true redemption here to stay celibate? Like becoming a monk?
Whenever an issue is both personal and social with someone, they have to deal with it on both fronts. Obviously dealing with it socially is not really on the table for what you're talking about, and it is also distinct from resolving it as a personal issue. That applies to pretty much anybody on a scale of moral people making mistakes to what you're talking about. Obligation to deal with it as a social matte aside -- as in turn themself in, confess before the public/court etc... -- your diagnosis of it on a personal level seems unfounded. Especially when you get into psycho sexual issues that arise affecting libido. Thank you but no thank you.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You call something as damaging and permanently scarring and evil as assault against multiple children a "MISTAKE?!"
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 pm You call something as damaging and permanently scarring and evil as assault against multiple children a "MISTAKE?!"
uh no.

You're judging their ability to handle a psychological issue on a personal level. That's something that everybody goes through, from making understandable mistakes to feeding sadist behavior patterns. You're presuming a lot about those facets, especially when you start wandering into speculation about their labido and erectile faculties. All this as a matter of scrutinizing something that's never really anyone else's business, whether they're a normal person or not.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

When they CHOOSE to hurt somebody that way, especially a defenseless child, and multiple children, yet can still take a wife and have consensual sex with her, then it is OUR business to know, as a civilized society, and most of all, her business to know. She has every right.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:35 am When they CHOOSE to hurt somebody that way, especially a defenseless child, and multiple children, yet can still take a wife and have consensual sex with her, then it is OUR business to know, as a civilized society, and most of all, her business to know. She has every right.
So why are you concerned about his erectile faculties?
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Because if you've used it as a weapon to hurt others, then I really think you don't deserve to do so again. As a matter of guilt, I find it hard to believe you could, consensually, with somebody else. Every time you keep doing it makes you a shitty person.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 am Because if you've used it as a weapon to hurt others, then I really think you don't deserve to do so again. As a matter of guilt, I find it hard to believe you could, consensually, with somebody else. Every time you keep doing it makes you a shitty person.
Factoring that into your assessment of him is gross though.
..What mirror universe?