DIS - Brother

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: DIS - Brother

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Admiral X wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:30 am You also have to keep in mind the kind of people who like the evil emperor are the same kind of people who cheer at that guy getting killed in the first episode of the second season for not liking Michael and "mansplaining."
You have to be engaged in some Cardassian levels of Orwellian doublethink to believe that people who love a sexy leather-wearing fascist are the same people who are your idea of White Knight feminists.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

It's that kind of weird thinking that you can expect from him. I mean he even uses word like mansplaining that's not even actual word. Just nonsense combination of two words that is supposed to mean something to certain group of people.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Admiral X is the kind of childish person who likes to "stick it to the libtards" because it makes him feel good.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

:shock:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Yuka, you're okay in my book.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

O... kay...?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 pm You have to be engaged in some Cardassian levels of Orwellian doublethink to believe that people who love a sexy leather-wearing fascist are the same people who are your idea of White Knight feminists.
I don't have to "believe" anything - I literally saw people do it, using the term "mansplaining" and everything. Hell, I think there were articles written that way.
Mecha82 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:38 pm It's that kind of weird thinking that you can expect from him. I mean he even uses word like mansplaining that's not even actual word. Just nonsense combination of two words that is supposed to mean something to certain group of people.
Which they use quite frequently. Quite famously in a session of Australian Parliament in one case. And made up as it is, guess who got it added to the Oxford English Dictionary? ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

And basically, yeah, 100% it's not the same group of fans.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Believe what you want - I'll believe what I have seen for myself.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 am The only person who likes her is Michael Burnham who has attachment issues that Anakin Skywalker would call excessive. Everyone else is repulsed by her but just being excessively polite because that's what you do in the Federation when not being condescending.
I'm talking about fans.