Star Trek: Into Darkness

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness

Post by Deledrius »

Given that the characters and events of ST09 don't line up with history as we know it previous to the Temporal Incursion, we have two options:

Either

1) Nero's Incursion was not the initial point of divergence, and we can't make any predictions without more knowledge, or
2) The writers are morons who didn't actually plan out any consistency with the established timeline and characters, meaning that any attempts to make sense of it are bound to be wild guesses that don't conform to any logical sense or causality and we can't make predictions at all.

These two movies are about what looks good on screen. Everything else is there as a prop to that.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Two? So, what about the third?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I'll just go with the entire thing being a reboot, so none of it is actually connected to the Star Trek that came before. If you want to play the AU route, then all of it, including where Nero came from, was an always an AU. ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Admiral X wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:36 am I'll just go with the entire thing being a reboot, so none of it is actually connected to the Star Trek that came before. If you want to play the AU route, then all of it, including where Nero came from, was an always an AU. ;)
That's what they should have done. It's what they clearly did in their own minds.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Well seeing that those are reboot movies that's how I also see it. As it's own timeline detached from what we call Prime timeline.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Mecha82 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:36 am Well seeing that those are reboot movies that's how I also see it. As it's own timeline detached from what we call Prime timeline.
...and then the new Picard show happens... :(
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Maybe i have missed something but I don't see also having show based around Prime timeline while there is reboot universe bad thing. It's just means another visit in Prime timeline to fans. Then again I guess being positive on internet isn't trendy.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 am Then again I guess being positive on internet isn't trendy.
Neither is reading.

I was specifically responding to your remark about them previously being possibly separate. If Picard does what it seems poised to do, dealing with the aftermath of the "reboot" destruction in the Prime timeline, then that "own timeline detached from what we call Prime timeline" ceases to be deniably plausible.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Far as I'm concerned, the new Picard series is just another AU. I'm reminded of how thoroughly the X-Men's timeline was messed up.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Admiral X wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:22 pm Far as I'm concerned, the new Picard series is just another AU. I'm reminded of how thoroughly the X-Men's timeline was messed up.
I take it you regard TNG as an AU from TOS?