Gun enthusiast thread

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Gun enthusiast thread

Post by Yukaphile »

From an NRA-cited talking point, yeah.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

No, more like reality being illustrated by nature.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

With that logic, Fascism is socially acceptable. I don't hate the idea of the NRA. I hate that its board is composed ENTIRELY of gun-makers. You know what their agenda is going to be: Gun sales at ALL costs. ALL costs. Obviously they don't care how many die so long as they make a profit. I was even being flipping generous and granting that from an NRA talking point, that's true. NRA leadership as it stands now is just fear-fueled murder economy, nothing more.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm With that logic, Fascism is socially acceptable.
Uh, no, no it's not. I have no idea how you even made that leap in logic
I don't hate the idea of the NRA. I hate that its board is composed ENTIRELY of gun-makers. You know what their agenda is going to be: Gun sales at ALL costs. ALL costs.
Even if you see this as a bad thing, this still benefits normal peoples' rights since they obviously need to sell their guns to someone. It's funny because my beef with the NRA is that they're all to eager to compromise gun rights away. Wasn't them that took up the fight against the bump stock ban, after all. ;)
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

"Having to sell simply to sell for its own sake" is not a good argument. I'd prefer legit ordinary people who have no stake in lobbying firms or in the weapons factories to be on the board. As a Libertarian, I thought you'd hate that? Government oversight? Except when it's things you care about, it seems.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Admiral X wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:00 pm
TGLS wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:50 am
Admiral X wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 am unarmed victim.jpg
Using a picture where the "Unarmed Victim" is being attacked by the "Armed" kind of undercuts your argument.
Not really. It's an "armed" perpetrator in the second pic, too, after all. ;)
Oh, I see. It's a porcupine, not a shrubbery.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 pm "Having to sell simply to sell for its own sake" is not a good argument. I'd prefer legit ordinary people who have no stake in lobbying firms or in the weapons factories to be on the board. As a Libertarian, I thought you'd hate that? Government oversight? Except when it's things you care about, it seems.
You have a very confusing method of thinking. The only thing that bothers me about the NRA is that they compromise with the gun-grabbers because too many of them are Fudds who have the same "you don't need that" attitude of the gun-grabbers.
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You do to me as well. I mean, I thought Libertarians were natural anarchists? Hate government outreach and rule of the elite? The NRA is that in spades. They are run by a special-interests group, not the actual people.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I feel perfectly fine with a simple handgun for defense.

I'm not sure why I would ever feel the need to carry something as heavy and bulky as an AR-15.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Somebody must be REALLY paranoid to wanna own more than that, even under the logic that the world is a dangerous jungle that could kill you at any time. That, or obsess over those weapons of death.