New Picard trailer

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: New Picard trailer

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Could be her cousin or a friend from when she was a girl.
..What mirror universe? ;/
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

That is a good point
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I try to thnk outside of the box.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh boy. Hugh is getting the Mark Hamill treatment. :P
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Why is there an elf?

I assume he's supposed to be Romulan or something, but he has an Elrond haircut and carries a sword.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh dear. Lol, I don't think they'd redesign the Romulans after the backlash in DISCO Season 1 (STD!), but that said... how severe is it? Others here hate the ridges from TNG onward, and since it is less extreme than the Klingon redesign which was just Bryan Fuller and the people working on the reboot trying to be "artsy," I could understand that view, and would be fine if they had no ridges. Make 'em more like TOS. Seems we are getting that. Fans may bitch and nitpick, but then, given this is a corporate sell-out franchise with no artistic vision or integrity in the absolute drought of good sci-fi we have in today's era, you gotta settle where you can and pick your battles. :P
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:57 am Oh dear. Lol, I don't think they'd redesign the Romulans after the backlash in DISCO Season 1 (STD!), but that said... how severe is it? Others here hate the ridges from TNG onward, and since it is less extreme than the Klingon redesign which was just Bryan Fuller and the people working on the reboot trying to be "artsy," I could understand that view, and would be fine if they had no ridges. Make 'em more like TOS. Seems we are getting that. Fans may bitch and nitpick, but then, given this is a corporate sell-out franchise with no artistic vision or integrity in the absolute drought of good sci-fi we have in today's era, you gotta settle where you can and pick your battles. :P
Well, if this series really is cribbing from the Kelvinverse then these could be the Nero romulans.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Exactly. As far as retcons go, it's not bad.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Could also be a Vulcan subculture, or that "Vulcanoid" race from Who Watches the Watchers who were super psyched about this new "bow and arrow" technology and think Picard is a god...
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Simplicius
Officer

Post by Simplicius »

Mintakans had Romulan-style ridges.