The Joker broke real reality

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: The Joker broke real reality

Post by Madner Kami »

Jonathan101 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:18 pmThe issue isn't simply enjoying it, it's that he's actually making money from it right now because the song was put in the film.

That and the fact that he's not played in the UK anymore and he's presumably obscure in the US, so it's pretty likely that whoever put that song in the film went out of their way to do so despite or even because of what he did.
Yes, whoever put that song there did so, to make money for the guy or to forward some sort of agenda.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I mean, I can still enjoy the Naked Gun movies, and songs by Austrian Death Machine, so this gets a big shrug out of me.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Admiral X wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:22 am I mean, I can still enjoy the Naked Gun movies, and songs by Austrian Death Machine, so this gets a big shrug out of me.
OJ Simpson was found innocent though. Dubiously so, but that is not the point.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

We all tip-toe around it, but the civil case he lost certainly plays a roll in how we judge him, not to mention his actions since then.

In any case, the lead singer of Austrian Death Machine is confirmed scum, he admitted to trying to have his ex-wife killed.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:29 am
Admiral X wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:22 am I mean, I can still enjoy the Naked Gun movies, and songs by Austrian Death Machine, so this gets a big shrug out of me.
OJ Simpson was found innocent though. Dubiously so, but that is not the point.
He was found not guilty. As in the state didn't have the means to convict him. They didn't say that he didn't do it on account of due process being violated.
..What mirror universe?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 am
Jonathan101 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:18 pmThe issue isn't simply enjoying it, it's that he's actually making money from it right now because the song was put in the film.

That and the fact that he's not played in the UK anymore and he's presumably obscure in the US, so it's pretty likely that whoever put that song in the film went out of their way to do so despite or even because of what he did.
Yes, whoever put that song there did so, to make money for the guy or to forward some sort of agenda.

They aren't trying to make money for him, but they didn't care or think about it.

And the "agenda", if there was one, would have been to stoke further controversy and thus attention for the movie.

Apparently it was technically the band he used to be in, not the singer himself (and he's not the voice we here) but still- it's hardly surprising that it has raised some eyebrows over here.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I didn't know much of Gary Glitter when watching the movie, but I did think to myself after the movie how I hadn't heard the tune at any sporting event for a long time. Then I learned why.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Makeshift Python wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:00 pm I didn't know much of Gary Glitter when watching the movie, but I did think to myself after the movie how I hadn't heard the tune at any sporting event for a long time. Then I learned why.
Yeah pretty much.

Everybody knows the song since it's played in sports movies that came out leading to the turn of the century, but it was nonetheless vague for being a one hit wonder and having no lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEGq6rNDOlk
..What mirror universe?
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I think it was ultimately played out not just because of the artist's crimes but because it was simply overplayed to the point that people, especially players, got sick of hearing that tune in every single game, and I'm just talking about baseball. Today it's "Enter Sandman" for every game I go to.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/706252-most-overplayed-songs-in-sports
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Makeshift Python wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:52 pmhttps://bleacherreport.com/articles/706252-most-overplayed-songs-in-sports
Haha it's right next to We Will Rock You. Those songs are pretty synonymous as crowd hypers.

I don't remember people getting sick of it as much as sports movies going on the decline in that decade. Of course that list has to do with stadium songs I'm pretty sure. I remember a handful of songs repetitively played throughout the years as the A's Coliseum.
..What mirror universe?