Complete Voyager and First Contact/Insurrection Rewrite Fanfiction

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Complete Voyager and First Contact/Insurrection Rewrite Fanfiction

Post by Yukaphile »

OMG IDEA! One idea is... in a future timeline, the Voyager Fleet returns home to find that the Dominion has overrun the Alpha Quadrant, and it is up to them to change it. But how the hell do I do that?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Simplicius
Officer

Post by Simplicius »

Any potential relationship between characters that didn't interact canonically would live or die according to your writing. As it stands, I think Kes could easily fill in for the Doctor in those episodes if you're going to the "I'll never let myself love again" route.

I don't remember "Alice" being any good, so you're on your own with that one. It's just a standard "bizarre alien struggles to communicate with so-and-so and comes across as vaguely sinister" story. You could easily replace it with any kind of Nick/Tom story or just bin it.

As for the "Dominion wins" timeline, the problem with that is that it's not really conceivable that Voyager could've done anything in the Delta Quadrant to create that outcome. Basically, if they find out that the Federation lost the war, how would they know that temporal shenanigans were involved? Obviously a timeship could come and tell them but why would they come to the Voyager rather than going to the source of the problem themselves?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

She could. Especially since Kes is the pioneering force to keeping Seven on board. I could imagine Seven eventually telling her that she saw the humanity in her when no one else did, so she sees it in her. Maybe when Kes is wanting to leave, to sort out these problems, Seven gets mad. I could see that too, like how she is proof she should trust her feelings.

Yeah, I see I'm going to be doing that with a lot of stories, lol. The first draft for the seven seasons is almost done. I also think I wanna add 20 episodes to Season 1. Make it like DS9.

Very true. Still, it's always possible.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I finished my draft for the seven seasons.

I also wanna discuss "Eye of the Needle" could we get some good Starfleet/Maquis tension? Remember there's two hidden agents on board. The Section 31 guy, and Seska. They could beat to his ship. What would this mean here? They'd perhaps wanna influence future events.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Got more done! Anyone wanna see?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think stealing another trek show villain would be good for voyager.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What do you mean? :shock:
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I mean would Voyager be a better show when they already stole and ruin the borg. Would having them treat the Dominion the same end the same.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Wouldn't be good sorry.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Dude, did you read what I plan? The Borg are going to be a limited special-event type threat, like in TNG.

No queen. And I intend to show them adapting to the threat. Like in "Dark Frontier." I have plans for that.