Complete Voyager and First Contact/Insurrection Rewrite Fanfiction

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Complete Voyager and First Contact/Insurrection Rewrite Fanfiction

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Okay just keep the Dominion away.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

... no. This is my fic, and what the hell do you have against the Dominion? Adding them is continuity, and makes sense.

If you can't contribute positively, please leave.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I just rather Voyager have new material as opposed to breaking someone elses toy.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Then why the hell are you here? :roll:

Seriously, go away.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You really can't see the potential here? That a Dominion battle cruiser with 2500 crew members could add something? They'd be the troop carrier and heavy support to the Voyager Fleet. They could have Jem'Hadar along on away teams for security. And the Klingons, naturally, would wanna compete with them for being on the front lines, but they have a more specialized role; with their cloaking device, they can serve as a scout vessel, tracking enemy positions. The Intrepid they get eventually, Equinox, is going to be FAST. Hitting the enemy hard behind the lines. And so on and so forth.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

@Simplicius Are you there, friend? I had a few ideas I wanna discuss with you.
Simplicius
Officer

Post by Simplicius »

I'm happy to hear them!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, I have the second seasons draft done. You wanna read 'em?

Mostly I wanna discuss the Seven/Kes stuff. There are two ways to go about this. One is that the Collective comes to abduct Seven during Year of Hell, because remember at this time, they are still sustaining losses from Species 8472, just controlled, unlike before. They want to understand the perplexing nature of individuality, study and dissect it like a scientist examining a lab specimen. And no Queen. This is the setup to "Dark Frontier." But there's so many possibilities.

I think I've finally decided to have Seven be the one in "deflector control" when the temporal shields drop, not all the way, and she has memories of this horrible year of hell, same with Kes, because with her advent through time, a "piece" of her remains outside the material universe and is sensitive to what "might come." She's also immune to timeline changes. It will give the two women a shared experience.

Now, back to Seven. My problem is the continuity issues. I think due to the deep trauma, Seven might let herself get assimilated, wanting the comforting groupthink and cohesion of the Collective back. And in the end, once they have what they need, they would do so. But then that opens new possibilities. Like... how the hell does Seven come back to be in deflector control? A way I thought to resolve this is, Kes wants to lead a rescue mission, and succeeds, prior to her being reassimilated, but one idea I'd had is that the Dominion battlecruiser tailing them captures the Doctor to help them synthesize ketracel-white, and bring Kes along to torture to get him to do so. So you can see the paradox here. Kes is onboard a Dominion battlecruiser, and Seven is aboard a Borg Cube. How do I handle this?
Simplicius
Officer

Post by Simplicius »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:50 am Well, I have the second seasons draft done. You wanna read 'em?
I'm happy to.

As for getting Seven back. Depending on where the changeling is, what about Kes convincing the Dominion ship to raid the cube (that Seven and the Changeling are on) - maybe her mind powers let her pick up on the changeling's cry for help ... or something.

If you want to go down a more cliched route, you could have Seven's (or Annika's, rather) individuality resurface during whatever experiments the Borg perform and she decides to flee to protect Voyager. I don't know.

I might be able to help more if I knew more of the ins-and-outs of your "Year of Hell".
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, slowly, piece by piece, a coherent narrative is forming. Hold on, I'm about to post. Be warned, this is 30+ pages on Word.