Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by TGLS »

jstrahan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:03 pm Boku no Pico. Not much SF or fantasy, but sure would be interesting to see Chuck's reaction (video of him doing this would be nice) :)

I think there are three schools of thought when it comes to video requests. One type is interested primarily in Chuck dissecting a work and providing his perspective. Most would fit in this catagory. The next is wanting to see Chuck trash something they don't like/awful. These are rarer, but the slipped through the door series would seem to fit. The last is what I call the nausea bracket, where the request just to see Chuck's reaction.

I'm willing to wager that there haven't been any requests of the third type, at least on purpose. I think there have been a few that touched him the wrong way (Real Life, the rapey Stargate episode, and Kannazuki no Miko), but I don't think anyone meant to piss him off.

A friend of mine made some requests a while back. At the time, he was considering requesting a visual novel with a large amount of graphic content. This wasn't because he wanted to see Chuck's reaction, but because it did interesting things with the story.

He ended up changing his mind because 90% of all the Gameplay footage would end up looking like this:

And VN gameplay footage was boring enough to begin with.

This was something that ticked the other box, interesting to dismantle SF. Breaking Chuck's target material rules, just to see him get mad? That's just mean.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I'll add another one I think Chuck and a lot of viewers would probably actually like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8W7eF49xv4
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm
Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm If the queue ever opens up again, and like an all swallowing black hole it might never do so, then I will so be asking for the old B&W Batman series with Lewis Wilson and the sequel with Robert Lowery. I love the old black and white stuff, I wish I'd asked for more of it ten years ago.

Oh, and I guess Disney's The Black Hole movie too. Not b&w, but honestly surreal and goofy. I love goofy stuff too.
If Chuck ever gets around to the Knight Rider reviews I donated for, three years ago, I'll consider donating for Disney's 'The Black Hole'. The script and effects have some issues but I love the acting, music and the atmosphere of that movie.
You asked for Knight Rider? Original gen, please say it was original gen KR, please? I love you for that, even if it was one of the sequels. Classic 80s cheese.
Hell yeah original generation! 'Knight of the Phoenix' parts 1 and 2, 'A Good Day at White Rock' with BSG's Anne Lockhart and of course 'Trust Doesn't Rust' with Peter Cullen as the voice of K.A.R.R.

Last summer I asked Chuck about when he might get around to them and he said I was around number 73 in the queue. Well, it's been a year and three months and they're still not on the schedule. :cry:
These reviews by donation would be considered a Gentleman's Agreement so there is no legal obligation for Chuck to do them on a first-come first-serve basis and he's been jumping the list as he sees fit. At this rate it could be another five years before I see them so my advice to anyone wanting to donate for a review is to pick a property he's already done, such as BSG or ST:TNG, if you want your review quicker as he is more likely to do what he already knows . . . . which of course only screws me over worse. :?

UPDATE #1

After an email reminder about how long I've been waiting, Chuck agrees that I've waited long enough for my reviews that I donated for oh so long ago. With a little luck he should have some Knight Rider goodness for us by the end of December.

Thanks Chuck. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :P

UPDATE #2 11/30

Well, it looks like Chuck decided to let me down this Christmas. Three years and nine months after sending in my donation, my Knight Rider reviews still aren't on the schedule. That's a real shame. I'd really like to donate more money for some reviews of some ST:TNG and original BSG episodes and maybe even a movie or two but it makes no sense to give more money when I'm not seeing a return on my investment. :(
Last edited by Blaze Rocker on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
YAGWG
Redshirt

Post by YAGWG »

I'm not sure if my suggestion would fit in Chuck's wheelhouse or not, but here goes, drum roll please.

MacGyver

I know, it's not strictly sci-fi or fantasy, more action drama, but does have character-driven parts as well as action and some sci-fi in there (especially if you know some science and see some of the stuff done to solve problems.
Creator: The Warren McArthur Chronicles

When in doubt, make a cheese sandwich...
Percysowner
Redshirt

Post by Percysowner »

I will suggest a real cult TV show, Middleman. It fits into sci-fi and was sadly overlooked when it was released.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Percysowner wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:15 pm I will suggest a real cult TV show, Middleman. It fits into sci-fi and was sadly overlooked when it was released.
YES! I LOVED that show when I was younger!

youtu.be/ErwMV4kXXfc
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Percysowner wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:15 pm I will suggest a real cult TV show, Middleman. It fits into sci-fi and was sadly overlooked when it was released.
I'll third that. The Middleman was elegant in its simplicity.
GelbeKirschen
Redshirt

Post by GelbeKirschen »

I dream of a perfect world where Chuck has reviewed every single episode of The X-Files. To be realistic, at least the best and the worst episodes, the best ones for their awesomeness, the worst ones for the snark.

I'd also love to see more Game of Thrones -- pity there is only the pilot review.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Terra Nova. It lasted 12 episodes, tells a rather complete story. and involves quite a few of Star Trek's behind the camera staff. It holds up rather well, and is mostly forgotten about today. It'd also not be the thousandth fucking anime on this site, which would add some much needed variety.
Kendrakirai
Officer

Post by Kendrakirai »

I’d like to see Chuck review just the first few episodes of the Guyver anime, considering he’s doing the movie. If only to give him some context for that.