Anime Recomendations

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Anime Recomendations

Post by Ordo »

Wait! Here me out!!

Anime covers a LOT of genre's and I felt it worth discussing and recommending various series that are out to anyone who is interested.

The first is a kind of Slice of Life story (so far) called "Interview with Monster girls."
Succubi, dullahans, snow women and vampires... We're a little different from humans and called "demi-humans." Lately, we've been called "demis." This is a stimulating and heartful school demi-human comedy featuring those very unique "demis" and a high school teacher named Takahashi Tetsuo, who's highly interested in learning more about their daily lives and habits.
So far Takahashi is a great viewpoint character. He's good nature, intelligent, curious a little quirky but clearly capable and not prone to the problems many males in anime have ie a hint of skin or female affection sends them into hysteric fits. That said he's not immune to the charms of an adult woman (or adult succubus as the case may be) he's just got enough self control not to let on...usually.

youtu.be/rKhNYU5Nsvk

Can be found on "Crunchyroll" a legal streaming site.

Saga of Tanya The Evil
It is June of the year CE 1923. A young girl with blond hair and blue eyes, Tanya Degurechaff, has entered the final curriculum of the Imperial Military Academy and is training at the third patrol line in the northern military district, the Norden Theater, as part of her service to the force. Her training, the first step toward a brilliant career as an aviation mage, should have gone off without a hitch... but things took an unexpected turn.

youtu.be/cDnj64iUrC4

All is not as it first seems in this anime...but to say more would be to give it away. Check out the available episodes on CrunchyRoll.

Now and Then, here and there.

youtu.be/BsYY0ReMGz0

Warning....not a cheery story at all.
Starsong
Redshirt

Re: Anime Recomendations

Post by Starsong »

I wholeheartedly second the "Now and Then, Here and There" recommendation. ANN's review called it the sleeper hit of 2002. It's very dark except for the MC's positive can rise above attitude. I'm not of fan of dark all the time stories so the MC's positive can rise above attitude kept me watching.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

My Favorite Anime is Noir.
Call me KuudereKun
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

Read or Die.

I love Read or Die.

Next time I ever come across one of those "What superpower do you want?" quiz things I'm saying "I wanna be a paper master."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTwUq764-qU

Apologies for sharing an AMV, but it turns out finding clips of paper bending in action w/o music over it is harder than I thought. :/
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

AMVs are awesome.
Call me KuudereKun
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

MithrandirOlorin wrote:AMVs are awesome.
I like some of them, but I know some people are gloomy-gusses about it and I wanted them to have fair warning before clicking the link. ;)
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

Ordo wrote: Saga of Tanya The Evil
It is June of the year CE 1923. A young girl with blond hair and blue eyes, Tanya Degurechaff, has entered the final curriculum of the Imperial Military Academy and is training at the third patrol line in the northern military district, the Norden Theater, as part of her service to the force. Her training, the first step toward a brilliant career as an aviation mage, should have gone off without a hitch... but things took an unexpected turn.

youtu.be/cDnj64iUrC4

All is not as it first seems in this anime...but to say more would be to give it away. Check out the available episodes on CrunchyRoll.
I'm sure you remember how picky I am with Anime yeah? well Tanya is friggen amazing and I love it thusfar. Seriously check it out - it never crosses the line into being too gruesome or dark - its not overly cute or fanservicey its walking an interesting line and it has a villain who is really frustrating to deal with in a good way. Tanya owns every scene she's in and its just an absolute joy of a series.

I'm also really kinda enjoying the current run of dragonball super which is also on Crunchyroll right now.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

It looks like Attack on Titan Season 2 is finally coming out as well. April release date.

As for my two favourite "trapped in an MMO" series. Still waiting on release dates for Log Horizon and Overlord.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

It seems like I"m very easy to please. But maybe I'm just good at avoiding what I wouldn't like, since there is plenty I haven't watched.

For Anime, I am totally unashamed of the fact that I like Cute Girl shows. Lucky Star is the best, K-On and Yuru Yuri are also up there.
Call me KuudereKun