X-Files second Halloween special

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Re: X-Files second Halloween special

Post by Fianna »

Kendrakirai wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:47 am Honestly, I think the idea of "celebrity" FBI agents is mostly a product of today and I think people seriously overestimate the amount of attention people would pay to the police and FBI agents involved in taking down stories that never get on the news anyway. That's WITHOUT there being a sinister cabal that covers up the supernatural.

Mind you, I never quite bought the conspiracy wouldn't just shoot Fox and Scully.

Still, I always felt the X-Files would have been better if Scully had been right more often.
Maybe the public wouldn’t know them, but he’s constantly crapped on by other FBI agents and law enforcement officers he’s in semi-regular contact with. He’d *absolutely* have people watching him for more than his crackpot articles like that MUFON guy did.

And as for shooting him, that would look *unbelievably* suspicious. If somebody who is close to cracking a case, or is going to testify, or a vocal opponent or proponent of something dies under anything but *the most obviously* accidental or natural circumstances, it crystallizes in peoples minds that there *is* something there, that somebody is trying to cover up or keep quiet.

Even if he is getting closer, it’s better to let everyone think he’s a lunatic than to kill him and make people think *maybe he was right about part of it*.

Then instead of one guy, you have a dozen. And if you kill any of them, that’s a *pattern* and even more people take notice.
On the other hand, how many times do Mulder and Scully almost get killed investigating random paranormal incidents. Send one of your agents to tail them, and when they're throwing down with vampires or garbage golems or whatever, make sure they don't manage to survive that one.