The Mandalorian

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Zargon
Officer

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Zargon »

Well, you will see that I'm right when Yoga turns up in Star Wars X: The Force is Female, and Yoga like uses the Force to grab the Saber Galaxy and make a ''light saber' out of it that can really cut through anything!
TheStarWarsTrek
Officer

Post by TheStarWarsTrek »

OK, that whole post was insane, but one bit especially stood out to me.
Zargon wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm
It's established and accepted Star Wars cannon, especially by the white males that Yoda is one of the top most powerful Force uses of all time.
Like, why the hell do white males "especially" think Yoda is strong? Out of all the stereotypes I've heard over the years, "white people think Yoda is powerful" is a new one. Like, if you get a bunch of white, black, Asian and Hispanic Star Wars fans together in a room and ask them who the strongest Force user is, white males are more likely to pick Yoda? "Well, that Yoda guy lifted a ship with his mind and all the characters talk about how wise and powerful he is, but I'm Aisian so I guess I have to go with Obi-wan".
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That's racist.
..What mirror universe?
Zargon
Officer

Post by Zargon »

Well, remember the social justice feminist types only focus on white guys for thier hate. They don't much care what other guys think.

The point is more that everyone (including white guys) will agree Yoda is one of the most powerful Force uses. Then you can just say it is a race thing: the Yoda race is strong with the Force. Or even try this:

Every 1,000 years or so The Force (or the Metcolrians) make a Force angel/avatar/celestial. A single near all powerful Force user intended to be a guide and teacher to the galaxy about the Force.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

When race and sex politics show up in talking about Yoda, whoever brought it up loses.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

So people are actually calling this little shit "baby yoda"?
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Well what else can you call him? His species doesn't even have a name, and every other member we've seen was practically a carbon copy.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am Well what else can you call him? His species doesn't even have a name, and every other member we've seen was practically a carbon copy.
I'm just tired of the right-wing agenda to put religion in all of my shows.
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 pm
mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am Well what else can you call him? His species doesn't even have a name, and every other member we've seen was practically a carbon copy.
I'm just tired of the right-wing agenda to put religion in all of my shows.
'tis the season.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

@Zargon I'm a social justice Feminist, man. I believe white stigmatization goes alongside white privilege. I think misandry goes hand-in-hand with misogyny. If a college male comes across an unconscious girl and puts it in her, then you could go either way, that "she's dressed too suggestively," filtering it through a lens of overprotection when it can come off as, "she has no right to exercise autonomy over her own dressing habits!" On the flip side, you could shrug and say, "He was drunk, at a frat party, I mean, these things happen." That implies you think so little of males that we have no self-control, when you really could mean, "These things are sad, they're awful, but it happens in a VERY male-dominated environment full of drugs, testosterone, ego, and so much other vices." See what I mean?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords