JLU - Patriot Act

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

JLU - Patriot Act

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/jlus3e07.php

Season 3. Where the milkshakes are so thick you have to eat them with a spoon.
Last edited by BridgeConsoleMasher on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..What mirror universe?
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Re: JLU - Patriot Act

Post by Aotrs Commander »

Well, Chuck is at least optimistic still about the state of the world.

*is from the UK*

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that after tomorrow as far as myself is concerned...

This was as close as we got to having the Teen Titans show up in the JLU - via Speedy - unfortunately.

(Also "take drugs at him." Hahahahahahahaha, shots fired, nice!)
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Oh right, this episode. One were General Eiling claims he is protecting people from heroes while endangering those said people with his own actions. I had no idea of importance of those heroes being ones fighting him. By the way, in JLU General Eiling is voiced by J.K. Simmons who is better known as J.J. Jameson from Raimi's Spiderman movies.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Coyote's Own
Redshirt

Post by Coyote's Own »

I'm probably saying things that already know but:

The hero in the flashback is Spy Smasher

Captain Nazi was a Captain Marvel (the one who yells SHAZAM) villain

The creature Eiling turns in is the Shaggy Man.
In the comics it's indestructible android in who's body Eiling transferred his mind.
Eling shade the android after the transfer, that why it not Shaggy.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

i think the rock throwing kids that the vigilante told to get the crowd out of the way where a nod to the newsboy legion,a gang of kids who helped out the guardian.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Am I the only one who thinks captain nazi sounds like another superhero from another universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm Well, Chuck is at least optimistic still about the state of the world.

*is from the UK*

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that after tomorrow as far as myself is concerned...
Do what I'm planning to do on Thursday night: get nicely drunk. That way either I am celebrating or drowning my sorrows. Win-win.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Coyote's Own wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Captain Nazi was a Captain Marvel (the one who yells SHAZAM) villain
That's true, although after his tussle with Captain Marvel, he would end up becoming more of a Captain Marvel Jr. villain since he was the one who crippled Freddie and killed his father. This was in no means a downgrade, as Captain Marvel Jr. was enormously popular with readers at the time especially his stories tended to be a lot more serious than the often whimsical Captain Marvel stories.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

drewder wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:17 pm Am I the only one who thinks captain nazi sounds like another superhero from another universe?
yeah strangely he was from marvel :roll: (still hatein that storyline :twisted: )
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

I love Chuck's closing statements.
Aotrs Commander wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm Well, Chuck is at least optimistic still about the state of the world.

*is from the UK*

Oh no, you're screwed.