Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Mecha82 »

I am with Dragon Ball Fan in this. It's reason why I stopped being Brony after Starlight was just forgiven all her crimes and welcomed to be Twilight's pupil. It also annoys me when it comes to Sasule Uschiha from Naruto who was just forgiven everything just like that by everyone because ninja jesus said so and because he helped to save the world.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:24 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:14 pm You say problem, I say feature. We're teaching the next generation not to be as revenge happy as the current one. That can only be a good thing.
so, if Hitler was still alive, you'd be okay with just letting him walk?
He'd be 130 years old if he was alive today, that is ten years older than any other human, all of whom were wheelchair users by the end, if not entirely bedbound, so I think we can safely disregard the possibility of him walking at all even if he were around.
And, maybe you should try something a little less Godwin-y.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:47 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:14 pm You say problem, I say feature. We're teaching the next generation not to be as revenge happy as the current one. That can only be a good thing.
He'd be 130 years old if he was alive today, that is ten years older than any other human, all of whom were wheelchair users by the end, if not entirely bedbound, so I think we can safely disregard the possibility of him walking at all even if he were around.
And, maybe you should try something a little less Godwin-y.
okay, hypothetically, if he was still alive AND able bodied. I compared these cartoon characters to Hitler because they are in fact guilty of war crimes, maybe not genocide specifically but still war crimes.

I already explained what Discord did but there is Tempest Shadow from the movie, she was the commander of a warlord's army that participated in the unprovoked invasion of a sovereign nation(Equestria), the enslavement of it's people and burning down it's cities! and Tempest was shown to use torture too, it's not unreasonable to assume she tortured civilians too.

and another reformed villain in the movie, was a slaver but the movie glosses over that.

and I brought up the Diamonds from Steven Universe. they have actually committed genocide but no justice for their victims is ever mentioned.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Nup sorry, you Godwinated and forfeited the argument.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:10 am Nup sorry, you Godwinated and forfeited the argument.
okay, forget about Hitler but as I explained, the villains in these shows, regardless of remorse, have done things that absolutely must be punished. again, I gave a comparison to Linkara reviewing that Superman Christmas comic where the bad guys were let off the hook for attempted murder and kidnapping because "Christmas spirit".

even in places like Norway that focus more on rehabilitation, the criminal still looses their freedom, because the victims of the crimes still have to be compensated somehow.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

If he was alive today would you be comfortable playing God taking a life of a man who best days are well behind him, wouldn't that make you no better than him.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:40 am
If he was alive today would you be comfortable playing God taking a life of a man who best days are well behind him, wouldn't that make you no better than him.
who said anything about killing him and not just imprisoning him? besides, it wouldn't be playing god if he was sentenced to death by a war crimes tribunal. like I said, I am not expecting lynch mobs to chase the reformed villains on MLP but there is clearly no consequences for even war crimes in that universe, which is utter nonsense.

and about the kid characters who constantly get a pass, hasn't anyone here ever did anything wrong, apologized but your parents said something like "sorry isn't gonna cut it" and you got punished anyway?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:44 am
who said anything about killing him and not just imprisoning him? besides, it wouldn't be playing god if he was sentenced to death by a war crimes tribunal. like I said, I am not expecting lynch mobs to chase the reformed villains on MLP but there is clearly no consequences for even war crimes in that universe, which is utter nonsense.

and about the kid characters who constantly get a pass, hasn't anyone here ever did anything wrong, apologized but your parents said something like "sorry isn't gonna cut it" and you got punished anyway?
Sorry if I put words in your mouth, I think that at the end of the day the problem is more or less solve or fussing over the details is an exercise in futility.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:52 am

Sorry if I put words in your mouth, I think that at the end of the day the problem is more or less solve or fussing over the details is an exercise in futility.
so no one should be punished ever, even if the commit war crimes?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:55 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:52 am

so no one should be punished ever, even if the commit war crimes?
One how can there be a war crime if there isn't a war, two it a kids show, three the world if MLP doesn't have the same logic as our world if you can't accept that fact why are you bothering unless to complain.