DS9 - Hard Time

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
excalibur
Officer

Re: DS9 - Hard Time

Post by excalibur »

Still kind of bullshit consider when Miles got Shanghaied to Cardassia Prime on false charges, they even wrote in the Enterprise being reassigned to the border. Possible as a power move to get miles back.

Like I said, Miles never found it strange that in all his time, he got no visitors from his crew, family or an attorney to defend him. After simulated years, he'd start asking questions inside the sim. To him, none of this makes sense that he'd get no contact with the outside world
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

He may have thought his captors had faked his death, so that no one would know to look for him.

Or that maybe the Federation just went, "Ooh, sorry, Miles, we'd love to help ya, but y'know, Prime Directive; our hands are tied."
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Fianna wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:43 am He may have thought his captors had faked his death, so that no one would know to look for him.
And this time, there was no coffee to save him.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

Fianna wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 pm The Federation seems to view telepathy as just another sense: picking up someone's secret thoughts with Betazoid telepathy is no different than overhearing someone having a private conversation because you have very good ears.
True, but I’d like to see reasonable laws about this. It’d be amusing if Lwaxana or Deanna were arrested, not for reading thoughts/emotions, but for blurting out personal information. Even if Starfleet has no sense of privacy, someone should.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

Fianna wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:43 am He may have thought his captors had faked his death, so that no one would know to look for him.

Or that maybe the Federation just went, "Ooh, sorry, Miles, we'd love to help ya, but y'know, Prime Directive; our hands are tied."
Which would have immediately caused Miles to realize he was in some sort of simulation, because he knows full well the Prime Directive only prevents interference with pre-Warp civilizations. Thus it doesn't apply in his situation as he's been imprisoned by a warp capable civilization.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think we give this episode more thought than the writers for any episode of discovery.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

The Prime Directive doesn't just apply to pre-Warp civilizations. It also says to not get involved in purely internal matters. If O'Brien were convicted of a crime as private individual, not as a representative of Starfleet, then the Federation might very well be obligated to respect the law under which he was convicted.

Remember when Wesley was going to be executed for stepping on some flowers?
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Fianna wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:42 am

Good times, man, good times. :D :lol: 8-)
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Wesley should have joined the Maquis.
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:26 pm
Fianna wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:42 am

Good times, man, good times. :D :lol: 8-)
That was on top of the crime of being Wesley Crusher in the first degree.