Doctor Who- Face the Raven.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Doctor Who- Face the Raven.

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think it a more modern thinf, especially when you do mutliple shows
Wolf359
Redshirt

Post by Wolf359 »

When the music at the end started I was expecting Cylons to walk in...

And Isildur summoning ravens to kills people is hilarious given the actress.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

My understanding is that, in British TV, it's always been common for the showrunners to write most or all of the episodes, because British TV shows will often only have about six episodes per season, so it doesn't exactly take a vast team to write them all.
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

So... wasn't there a thing about two immortals with no mortals traveling being a bad thing?

And then it ends with Clara and Aeshildr, two immortals, going off to travel being a good thing?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yeah, I think that the time Lord eventually got their act together and finish off those monsters.
Percysowner
Redshirt

Post by Percysowner »

Entertainment Weekly named this as one of their Top 50 Episodes of New Dr. Who . https://ew.com/tv/ranking-the-50-best-episodes-of-doctor-who/?did=474659-20191229 They are pretty high on the Capaldi era.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

How many episodes of me who is there?
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

clearspira wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:22 pm Based on what I am reading here, can we say that Moffatt fits Chucks view of Brannon Braga? A man who is not a bad writer so much as a hack one who lost all quality control the moment he found himself writing the bulk of the episodes.
Not so much a hack... but there IS a massive difference between writing 2 episodes a year and writing 10 episodes a year while running 2 different show. You can't afford as much time on thinking in advance and rewrites then and basically have to go with whatever your first idea and first draft is. Its the only reason something like Kill The Moon actually got in past the script stage, because there was no time to make it better.

Compared to doing one episode, where you can rewrite over and over. Like we know the Neil Gaiman episode The Doctor's Wife he rewrote a dozen times or so (partly due to budget issues pushing it to a later season and needing to cut things).
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yay, I do think Moffat isn't good career men.