Favorite SF Debris joke?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Gromomir
Redshirt

Re: Favorite SF Debris joke?

Post by Gromomir »

Sorry for potentialy bad english (not my first lenguage), but my favorite is from TOR Imperial Agent
"Oh i'm sorry, You must cofuse it with "I give a shit" line. Do You want me to re-direct You using my middle finger?"

As for on-going ones, it's not realy a joke, but i love every time Chuck needs to be nice to Neelix :D
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Favorite joke right now would probably be when Bruce is proposing to Andrea in Mask of the Phantasm and all the bats extrude from the cave, then Bruce is all, "and I timed it so perfectly. I just don't understand women."
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

"are you sure we have the right address? This is quite a little shithole."
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

"Argh, Voyager... just when I was counting on your ability to suck, you had to go and let me down by telling a good story!" never gets old.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Cardinal Doomsday
Redshirt

Post by Cardinal Doomsday »

"I''ve fallen in love with the Scouser accent, it sounds like you're talking while somebody's giving you head"
Maybe this wasn't even meant to be funny, I'm not sure.
I'm nine years older than Chuck and grew up with a bunch of English TV, being a kid in Australia in the 1970s but this has made me rethink my favourite accent, in a hilariously good way :lol:
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Wow, so you were born in 1964... you're old enough to be my... father, mother, whatever.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

His reaction to the other Intrepid-class in Inter Arman Hammer or whatever, as well as how he can't pronounce the name. "Oh no, we jumped into the wrong show, WHY?!" :D
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

I liked Anakin announcing he'd found fudgesicles in Clone Wars Voyage of Temptation. A joke that is in character both for Chuck's version and yet somehow would be in character for canon Anakin too. Just in different ways.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Trinary wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am I'm trying to recall where one of my favorite "jokes" (if you could call it that) is from. He's talking about the difference between saying something that's nonsense and saying something that's stupid in science-fiction, making a montage contrasting one to the other:

Nonsense: reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.
Stupid: DNA traveling via lightning strike.

Anyone recall that?
It might have been in one of the Discovery reviews when he was talking about the fungus drive.
Gridlock1987
Redshirt

Post by Gridlock1987 »

Trinary wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am I'm trying to recall where one of my favorite "jokes" (if you could call it that) is from. He's talking about the difference between saying something that's nonsense and saying something that's stupid in science-fiction, making a montage contrasting one to the other:

Nonsense: reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.
Stupid: DNA traveling via lightning strike.

Anyone recall that?
Either Daleks in Manhattan:
https://sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/s29e05.php

Or Evolution of the Daleks:
https://sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/s29e06.php

I remember they had a plan involving DNA traveling via lighting, tho' I can't remember to what end... Time to rewatch those reviews I guess. ;)