Where is the logic in this?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Where is the logic in this?

Post by McAvoy »

It's just one of those characters that didn't really need a backstory. Maybe a cameo in another prequel movie or something.

I have said this before, everyone wants a Darth Vader movie. As long as he sounds like Vader and acts like him. Doesn't matter who is wearing the suit (actor).

Maybe show him hunting down pockets of Jedi in the early years.

I want him to choke out one of his coworkers for incompetence. Like we all dream we could do.
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:29 amI have said this before, everyone wants a Darth Vader movie. As long as he sounds like Vader and acts like him. Doesn't matter who is wearing the suit (actor).

I want him to choke out one of his coworkers for incompetence. Like we all dream we could do.
It works better for Vader, though that's a pretty generous case considering he is essentially a silhouette of a uniform. Still a good point though I must say. Han Solo's personality is of the most distinctive in all the movies I would say. It's kind of like watching a fire dance, there is just no substitute.
..What mirror universe? ;/
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:29 amI have said this before, everyone wants a Darth Vader movie. As long as he sounds like Vader and acts like him. Doesn't matter who is wearing the suit (actor).

It works better for Vader, though that's a pretty generous case considering he is essentially a silhouette of a uniform. Still a good point though I must say. Han Solo's personality is of the most distinctive in all the movies I would say. It's kind of like watching a fire dance, there is just no substitute.
Exactly. Vader has always been a badass. One of the best villians in movie history. While James Earl Jones lost that 'distinct' voice due to his age (noticeable in Rogue One but who cares), Vader was still as Vader gets in that movie.

I wanted one when they discussed stand alone movies like Rogue One and Solo or a Kenobi movie. Though what they hell can you do with Kenobi once he becomes a desert hermit looking over a young Luke?

Vader is pretty straight forward. Watch him lead stormtroopers into Rebel bases. Watch him take down surviving Jedi. Watch him command a fleet attacking rebel remanents of the Old Republic. Watch him interrogate people any which way he wants to because no one can say no to him.
I got nothing to say here.