MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Deledrius wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:25 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:19 pm and about what someone else said about showing consequences not being the point, can someone direct me to an episode of this or any other kids' show that does teach it's target audience about accountability?
I think you'll find that a large number of episodes of Gargoyles does this. The series finale Hunter's Moon, certainly.
Finale? There was an entire season after that.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

still don't when it would and would not be appropriate to show punishments. and it can be hypocritical. like in the movie, Princess Skyestar is punished, even though most would say she did the right thing but Tempest Shadow and her army, who are actual war criminals, are invited to the party at the end with no problem.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 pm
Deledrius wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:25 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:19 pm and about what someone else said about showing consequences not being the point, can someone direct me to an episode of this or any other kids' show that does teach it's target audience about accountability?
I think you'll find that a large number of episodes of Gargoyles does this. The series finale Hunter's Moon, certainly.
Finale? There was an entire season after that.
Because the original creators aren't behind that season, some people don't count it (and heck, the original creator actually made his own sequel comic for a while that wiped that season out).
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

(Forgive me for not reading the whole thread through for once, I'm short of time, it's panto-week in my neck of the woods and I want to get this out before I'm too knackered.)

I have a somewhat complex relationship with the finished of season five. I RE-HEEAAALLY hated how Starlight just got talked down - without even the dues ex machina, it just felt cheap; I felt they should have had her break when she saw the wasteland (to this day, I belive that to be the Angel Bunny Future.) I know it lost a few on the pony fans on my local forums, and I dreaded season six.

But then? It came, and Starlight was Clearly Still Evil, somehting that, as An Evil Person, I could see all the way to MAYBE season nine. And I liked that (after all, Evil people can have friends too, and when they do, it's time to be terrified, because friendship is a blade that doesn't cut solely for Team Good.) And I found myself warming to Starlight quite a lot for that. I was actually very glad of it narrativiely too, since it made for different takes to Twlight's freak-outs.

Myself, I enjoyed pony to the very end (Sombra's return in season none was nothing like what I expected, but everything I could have hoped for!); there were more misses than previously in the latter seasons, I think but the highs were still very much high.

(Right, enough blither, time to go and... Actually not act, since Playing The Villain requires no stretching at all on my part...)
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I am still lost on why so many people think what happened with Starlight and all the reformed villains after her, is not big deal. Do I just have different expectations of what happens to wrongdoers because of stuff like 101 Dalmatians: The Series or the societal expectation in real life of what someone who commits a crime should do? (turn themselves in)
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Didn't you say you only saw one episode of that show?

Hey do you think human Pinkie family is Amish?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:08 am Didn't you say you only saw one episode of that show?
there are certain episodes I haven't seen but I used to be a big fan before the show became obsessed with reforming villains.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:08 am Didn't you say you only saw one episode of that show?
there are certain episodes I haven't seen but I used to be a big fan before the show became obsessed with reforming villains.
I meant of 101 dalmatians.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:42 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am
I meant of 101 dalmatians.
no, I've seen that whole show.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am there are certain episodes I haven't seen but I used to be a big fan before the show became obsessed with reforming villains.
So after the first episode then? Where they reformed Nightmare Moon?