MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: MLP Lincoln's Day (?) Show

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

nt
RobbyB1982 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:52 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am there are certain episodes I haven't seen but I used to be a big fan before the show became obsessed with reforming villains.
So after the first episode then? Where they reformed Nightmare Moon?
that one I believed, it was more after Discord was reformed. and Gilda was originally supposed to represent that not everyone can turn around and it being the main point of the episode but they went against that later.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:10 am nt
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am there are certain episodes I haven't seen but I used to be a big fan before the show became obsessed with reforming villains.
that one I believed, it was more after Discord was reformed. and Gilda was originally supposed to represent that not everyone can turn around and it being the main point of the episode but they went against that later.
So your saying she should have been sent to the glue factory?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:50 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:10 am nt
So your saying she should have been sent to the glue factory?
or just not be reformed and just be cut out of Rainbow Dash's life as Lauren Faust wanted.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:07 pm or just not be reformed and just be cut out of Rainbow Dash's life as Lauren Faust wanted.
That's a strong message to have, and it keeps it about the victim instead of becoming about the bully.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

isodes.
Deledrius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:07 pm or just not be reformed and just be cut out of Rainbow Dash's life as Lauren Faust wanted.
That's a strong message to have, and it keeps it about the victim instead of becoming about the bully.
shouldn't a message like that be about the victim? and again, the other unreformed antagonists don't count because unlike "Griffon the Brush Off", them not changing their ways was not the point of those episodes.

and based on something you have said before, when has MLP or any modern kids show for that matter, ever even imply punishments? and another thing is that I just can't believe that everyone in existence forgives the reformed villains, the main six, maybe but not literally everyone.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:17 am shouldn't a message like that be about the victim?
That's what I just said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Deledrius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:17 am shouldn't a message like that be about the victim?
That's what I just said.
my mistake but I still am not getting this, some people seem to think it's easier to rationalize with off screen events then I do.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

also, I thought you said that kind of thing was too big a message for the target audience?

and still want to know why none of the reformed villains are punished but the characters who were good guys from the start like Rainbow Dash and the Cutie Mark Crusaders sometimes actually get punished.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:24 pm
also, I thought you said that kind of thing was too big a message for the target audience?

and still want to know why none of the reformed villains are punished but the characters who were good guys from the start like Rainbow Dash and the Cutie Mark Crusaders sometimes actually get punished.
Can't think of any particular punishments for either Dash or the CMC beyond maybe doing some clean up in places.

In Discord's case, I have no problem saying that 1000 years as a statue is sufficient punishment.

If you really have to rationalize it for the rest, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. She issued them a royal pardon.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am Can't think of any particular punishments for either Dash or the CMC beyond maybe doing some clean up in places.
that's all I'd need, just don't know why it never happened to Discord, Spike, Tempest Shadow or Starlight Glimmer.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am In Discord's case, I have no problem saying that 1000 years as a statue is sufficient punishment.
but Discord was never punished for stuff he did after that. I'm not sure you understand how double jeopardy works.
BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am If you really have to rationalize it for the rest, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. She issued them a royal pardon.
she has a more symbolic position but does she have the power to pardon? because politically, she's actually ranked below Celestia and Luna for most of the show. besides, I just can't believe that pardoning every single one of these reformed villains would not have massive backlash from the public. just because the Main Six forgave them doesn't mean literally everyone, everywhere, does.

I am fine with it for the most part in The Lion Guard because, for example, with Janja and the other underlings of Scar, since they aren't part of the Pride Lands, the only options after they reformed are pardon them or kill them, so, I'm fine with the former in that case. but Equestria actually has prisons and a justice system and stuff.