VOY: "Nightingale"

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: VOY: "Nightingale"

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Wolf359 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:48 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:54 am I hope they set Icheb straight. We don't want him giving just any Starfleet engineer the eye.
Or a Romulan...
It was Romulans? Dang it, I flubbed it, then. :lol:
Marveryn
Officer

Post by Marveryn »

TGLS wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm Starfleet has really mixed up orgcharts. Senior staff is largely arbitrary, and departmental heads have varying ranks. Counseling and Medical is headed by a Lt. Cmdr and Security/Tactical is only headed by an Lt. On TOS, the XO was the head of Science and the SO headed Medicine. I can only assume that many positions in Starfleet are filled for expertise, and the chain of command is decided by the captain.

I can understand in the original series being the XO being the head of science giving that it suppose to be an exporation mission. So science being heavily involve. Giving there no number 1 on the vessel while in the cage there was. It most likely Spook wore two different hat XO plus head of the science division. I guess they didn't want to assign someone to head science so he can run the XO. Anyway with science being the most important task of the mission his rank make sense. Counseling and medical are most likely a separate branch. The only weird part they should be both in the same branch so only one of them should had been a L.T. Cmdr. and head of medical overall. Now am coming from the idea star fleet is military but not really. So Crusher doesn't have to follow the captain command if his contradict someone orders who the head of medical in star fleet. (most likely a admiral rank) What give credence to this is that science/medical have there own specialize ships that are captain by head of medical or science respectably
Ranchoth
Redshirt

Post by Ranchoth »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:54 am I hope they set Icheb straight. We don't want him giving just any Starfleet engineer the eye.
As Bon Jovi said, it'd give love a bad name.
dief25
Redshirt

Post by dief25 »

I have been waiting for this review for years. I actually searched for it the day I first stumbled across SF Debris. I loved the thought of this steaming pile being torn apart. But now all I can think of is the "Clean my poops" song.

This will be Charles Sonnenburg'sgreat contribution to society