Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

Post by Darth Wedgius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:56 am
Mecha82 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm Is anyone really surprised? Other than growd that thinks that white people can't be terrorists and that only muslims can be terrorits. US has had cases on domestic terrorism before mostly by religions anti-abortion nut cases that kill abortion doctors and burn or bomb plan parenthood's clinics.
Who said only muslims can be terrorits(sic)? Never heard that one before. :lol:
The FBI Report on White Nationalism:

"The report concluded that “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right-wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.” Released just ahead of nationwide Tea Party protests, the report caused an uproar among conservatives, who were particularly angered by the suggestion that veterans might be implicated, and by the broad brush with which the report seemed to paint a range of right-wing groups.

Faced with mounting criticism, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano disavowed the document and apologized to veterans. The agency’s unit investigating right-wing extremism was largely dismantled and the report’s lead investigator was pushed out. “They stopped doing intel on that, and that was that,” Heidi Beirich, who leads the Southern Poverty Law Center’s tracking of extremist groups, told The Intercept. “The FBI in theory investigates right-wing terrorism and right-wing extremism, but they have limited resources. The loss of that unit was a loss for a lot of people who did this kind of work.”
Well, that's some people saying someone other than muslims can be terrorists, but there still might be someone out there saying only muslims can be terrorists. Maybe. I think this is going to be another one of Mecha's claims that he can't or won't support, but hey, I've been wrong before.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Mecha82 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm Is anyone really surprised? Other than growd that thinks that white people can't be terrorists and that only muslims can be terrorits. US has had cases on domestic terrorism before mostly by religions anti-abortion nut cases that kill abortion doctors and burn or bomb plan parenthood's clinics.

"The report concluded that “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right-wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.” Released just ahead of nationwide Tea Party protests, the report caused an uproar among conservatives, who were particularly angered by the suggestion that veterans might be implicated, and by the broad brush with which the report seemed to paint a range of right-wing groups.

Faced with mounting criticism, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano disavowed the document and apologized to veterans. The agency’s unit investigating right-wing extremism was largely dismantled and the report’s lead investigator was pushed out. “They stopped doing intel on that, and that was that,” Heidi Beirich, who leads the Southern Poverty Law Center’s tracking of extremist groups, told The Intercept. “The FBI in theory investigates right-wing terrorism and right-wing extremism, but they have limited resources. The loss of that unit was a loss for a lot of people who did this kind of work.”
Indeed. It's almost like even implying that white extremist terrorism (religious or supremist) is taboo to those people and is more often than not ignored in American media. So there are those among American Christian right wing who believe that only muslims and other non-white groups that don't support they ideology can be terrorits. Then again those are same people that claim that muslims want to bring Sharia Law to US while being all for Christian take of religions laws.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

White identity politics transcends religion.

Bleah.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Mecha82 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:08 am

Indeed. It's almost like even implying that white extremist terrorism (religious or supremist) is taboo to those people and is more often than not ignored in American media. So there are those among American Christian right wing who believe that only muslims and other non-white groups that don't support they ideology can be terrorits. Then again those are same people that claim that muslims want to bring Sharia Law to US while being all for Christian take of religions laws.
So saying that violent right-wing extremist ideology is not the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States is the same to you as saying that only muslims can be terrorists? This explains quite a lot.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Mecha82 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:08 am Indeed. It's almost like even implying that white extremist terrorism (religious or supremist) is taboo to those people and is more often than not ignored in American media. So there are those among American Christian right wing who believe that only muslims and other non-white groups that don't support they ideology can be terrorits. Then again those are same people that claim that muslims want to bring Sharia Law to US while being all for Christian take of religions laws.
What do they make of the likes of the IRA? Or is that a case of "didn't happen here, doesn't count"?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Well, given NORAID, pretty chill it would seem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NORAID
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I knew that this whole pandemic had to have something to do with racism.
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Still nothing to back up your assertion, Mecha82?

If you're objecting to something happening only in your fantasy world, I assume that your not caring what people think of you also extends to taking you seriously?
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

I'm assuming what you're TRYING to say is that the majority of terrorist attacks in the US are by Christians attacking abortion clinics. That is factually incorrect.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

JoeThree wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm
I'm assuming what you're TRYING to say is that the majority of terrorist attacks in the US are by Christians attacking abortion clinics. That is factually incorrect.
I mean, crime covers all walks of life, whether you're a minority, a woman, a man, or can't find something in the opposite sex. I do not understand why we in our modern culture have to embrace this tribal viewpoint that's just a holdover from our primitive days. True, most people flock to authority, so that it influences them in ways they might not question, and in the case of this argument, people should fight for what they believe in. That's important. But at what point does that get in the way of achieving something truly important? Like a common understanding of our fellow human? I don't know. I just wish we had the capacity for a more tolerant world, and less crowded city-spaces.