Was Bane charismatic in Dark Knight Rises?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Was Bane charismatic in Dark Knight Rises?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Your basis for example for this middle ground is the 60's show and children's programming.

Doug Walker said TAS and Mask of Phantasm are on the level. They're all made with playschool narratives though. Go ahead and make the signature character developments, aside from the fact that they are fabricated versions for kids.
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Why do you think that TAS is just for children and offers nothing for adults? Just because it's animated series? It has some of best story telling and characters from any version of Batman alongside with best version of Batman you will ever see. Yes, Conroy's Batman is even better than Keaton's Batman and even more nuanced but then again that's benefit of TV series over movie.

Not to mention that TAS had best version of Mr. Freeze making him tragedic character that has then been brought over as is Harley Quinn who was created for TAS.

Oh and I used 60's Batman as part of different example. As example how Batman has changed during time and wasn't always way he is known to be now as darker take started during 80's.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Because adults didn't watch TAS unless it was to babysit their kids.

And you are the one making Bale out to be extremely egotistical.
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

And yet it's still considered to be best take on character by many that are adults today so much so that they can still watch it as adults. This makes me think that you are not Batman fan but Nolan fan. So really you are just arguing why you think that Nolan's Batman movies are best ones rather than anything else. I would had recomended to you that you would re-watch TAS and see it yourself but then again why would I bother when you are Nolan fan so that's all that matters to you. Oh well I might just as well walk away from this conversation because I am just wasting my time.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I'm perfectly fine with you assuming that.
..What mirror universe?
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

NOT Charismatic. They made such a big deal of calling Bane's minions mercenaries, but the minions are willing to die for the Cause.

They made such a big deal that Bane, Girlie and Batman are the ONLY people who ever excaped from Ashkaban.

IFN Bane had rescued all the Ashkabanis, then their devotion to the Cause would have made sense.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:07 pm Because adults didn't watch TAS unless it was to babysit their kids.
I'm an adult and I watched it. You're just hating on a cartoon because it is a cartoon that doesn't have a hideous art style and people saying "fuck" to remind you it's For Adults (TM).
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:22 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:07 pm Because adults didn't watch TAS unless it was to babysit their kids.
I'm an adult and I watched it. You're just hating on a cartoon because it is a cartoon that doesn't have a hideous art style and people saying "fuck" to remind you it's For Adults (TM).
I assure you I'm not.

I find it amusing that I get this much resistance to my position whenever I generally try to heed to the distinction of children's programming.

Wanting a Batman movie that's faithful to the cartoon is fine and understandable. Marvel pretty much set the standard there and even DCEU is growing some legs along with an EU of their own with Joker. Sadly Batman is stuck to the big gun box office draws. They've managed to throw Superman into the Arrowverse as a pretty familiar character. All you got with Batman was that wonderful cameo by Kevin Conroy as evil Batman. Wonder Woman is their hottest property right now so they haven't even gotten into Themiskyra yet.
..What mirror universe?
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:22 am
"I'm an adult and watched it" within the the past ten or fifteen years or so on the internet is different from "I'm an adult and watched it" in its original run or reruns on TV.
Last edited by Beastro on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Harsh but accurate.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville